 Castle / 277
Re: New Castle site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 18:10:23 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
Very nice, Pawel.  A little plain on the actual architecture, but I love the
scope and desire to make it a whole community.

Bruce

Thanks,

Architechture was a problem - my main thing in this castle was the entrance to
the Cathedral - I went ahead and made it a perfect (or as close as possible)
circle with alternating black and red Half-Arches as seen here:

http://members.xoom.com/verneer/queen.jpg

This is a nice element.  I think I was reacting to the flatness of the walls
more than anything.  Maybe just the inclusion of lanterns or torch-holders
imbedded in the walls would add that extra element.

I'm just getting started on Castles, so you are waaaaayyyyyyyyy ahead of me in
any case.

Other than that, I tried messing around with a "wooden" building and got the
Inn
from that ... I still have to come up with a good use for the wooden bricks
from
the Fort Legoredos.

I liked the Inn - I thought it was a nice juxtaposition of wood logs to all
that stone and brick.  I don't recall - was there a sign hanging down?  I'm not
sure if there is an appropriate one, but the 2x2 flag/gunport on a horizontal
rod/lance/spear would be a good touch.

The lack of detail is a conservative move (I didn't know if I would have • enough
bricks to finish the project so I played it safe).  Once I have to basic • design
down, I can start adding without a problem (I have a few hundred white bricks
from Julie Krenz that will provide an extension to the Cathedral).

-- pn

I suspected as much.  I do the same thing - get the general layout down, see
what I need, and then complete it when I have the bits and pieces I need.
Anyway, you have a great project going!  Thanks for sharing it with us.

Bruce