 Castle / 21017
Re: Castle Under Siege (Formaly Known As The Royal Knight's Castle)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2005 16:51:26 GMT

In lugnet.castle, John Butler wrote:
I really like what you are doing here.  It seems to be an impressive set-up with
lots of play value as well as fine lego modelling.  I especially like the double
drawbridge that allows ships to pass under.  I like how you suspended them from
the two towers.  I also like the black dragon (that might deserve a couple of
extra pics).  It sounds like the trebuchet is quite a fearsome weapon and must
be pretty impressive in action.  I also liked how you managed to incorporate the
rasied lego baseplates but didn't let them dictate the shape/style of your
castle.  They are hard pieces to use but if they are used well are truly
effective.
  If you want more people to comment I bet that the best way would be to improve
your photography skills to properly highlight your building talent. It is not
that there is anything wrong with your pictures now, but the MOC's that get the
most attention are the ones that are tightly focused, brightly lit and with a
neutral background.  Which of course is really hard for us castle builders to
do.  I have taken a lot of pictures of my castles but I have yet to post mainly
due to my poor photographic skills/ lack of techincal expertise.  You are way
ahead of me already.
   Anyway great work and I look forward to seeing more from you.

Jake

I agree with, Jake. That while this is a very nice MOC with lots of detail, it
is hard to pick up on some of that detail from the sky angle views looking down.
I for one would like to see more ground level shots around your bridge. And
perhaps some shots from inside the castle looking out. I too have had lots of
difficulty taking good pictures, of my lego's as they are set up on my pool
table in my basement. Lighting is my biggest problem, well that and the
background, if it isn't neutral enough it tends to obscure the details of the
edges of my pics. I did enjoy the siege engines very much, and would like to see
the trebuchet fire in person. that would be soo coooool.

Joe.