 Castle / 21015
Re: Castle Under Siege (Formaly Known As The Royal Knight's Castle)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:21:10 GMT

In lugnet.castle, John Butler wrote:
I really like what you are doing here.  It seems to be an impressive set-up with
lots of play value as well as fine lego modelling.  I especially like the double
drawbridge that allows ships to pass under.  I like how you suspended them from
the two towers.  I also like the black dragon (that might deserve a couple of
extra pics).  It sounds like the trebuchet is quite a fearsome weapon and must
be pretty impressive in action.  I also liked how you managed to incorporate the
rasied lego baseplates but didn't let them dictate the shape/style of your
castle.  They are hard pieces to use but if they are used well are truly
effective.
  If you want more people to comment I bet that the best way would be to improve
your photography skills to properly highlight your building talent. It is not
that there is anything wrong with your pictures now, but the MOC's that get the
most attention are the ones that are tightly focused, brightly lit and with a
neutral background.  Which of course is really hard for us castle builders to
do.  I have taken a lot of pictures of my castles but I have yet to post mainly
due to my poor photographic skills/ lack of techincal expertise.  You are way
ahead of me already.
   Anyway great work and I look forward to seeing more from you.

Jake

     Thank you very much for your comments, I really appreciate that.  I think
it still has some good play value, but the look is more important to me. (Like
mine has a back wall, cough cough)  I like the drawbridge as well; I need to
make it a little longer, because my ship can just barely fit through.  As far as
the dragon, I'll see what I have, as far as more pictures, I built, and took it
apart 8 to 10 months ago, so I can't take any new pictures.  Point blank I love
Trebuchets that is half the reason I really like the movie "Timeline" lots of
Trebuchets.  Working the raised base plate in (or more like just keeping it in)
when I expanded my castle, was not easy, and in the end probably not completely
worth it, they are hard to work with.  Thanks also for the photo comments, I'll
see what I can do, I have a cheap digital camera, and my set up is in a loft
like room, so it is hard to work with at some times, but I really appreciate it.
Thanks

                            --Kevin §