 Castle / 20725 (-20)
  Congrats to da Freak....

I just wanted to post that Pat Morgan AKA the LegoFreak has won the best overall in the Classic-castle building contest #2 as the "Master Builder" winning in one catagory and honorable mention is several others. Congrats, Freakie!!! :D (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Vikings?

(...) Shouldn't we also just go straight ahead and remind everyone (including LEGO!) vikings DID not have horns as part of their helmets. But I guess the horns are to the recognition of the minifig as viking what the castle is to the playability of (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Vikings?

In lugnet.castle, Douglas R. Clark wrote: -snip- (...) I spoke to an employee at the MOA Imagination Center store last night, and was told they *would* be getting the Vikings sets. I guess we'll just have to wait and see! JohnG, GMLTC (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Vikings?

snip (...) Well, I just read on <www.eurobricks.com> that vikings are only going to be sold in Europe. "Vikings for Europe and DINO for USA 2005-02-25 19:06:29 by Jipay After Jan’s speech, the rumour has spread all over the internet : the vikking (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New!

New stuff just in… Possibly the best set ever! (URL) now that the Vikings appear not to be as kewl as their original promos, (due to the lack of beards and simplification of the sets with tones of catapults that weren’t originally there) this set, (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.year.2005, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Fences 101 using #30056

The latest moc using (URL) 30056> to create a diagonal fence got me started on these designs. (URL) Here are some designs for a straight fence starting from the left with a basic configuration, followed by some variations. (URL) With a 32x32 (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !

  Supertrain pictures - SALUG

Greetings, I have posted pictures of SALUG participation at Supertrain: (URL) is a large model train show that takes place in Calgary, Alberta, Canada in mid February. This year SALUG (Southern Alberta Lego Users Group) won first place for the (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.ca.salug) !!

  Theed Capture

The Neimoidians capture the city of Theed including it's highest ranking officials who are led away by Battle Droid units for processing. The Sith apprentice stands guard monitoring the decisions made by the Neimoidians are in line with the orders (...) (20 years ago, 23-Feb-05, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005

(...) cost? The ideals of the past gave relevance to the notions that Military (guns) and Mortality (graves) were not the ethics the company was founded upon… What compromise is this? ...unfortunately, it’s a realistic one! But the new gun-heavy (...) (20 years ago, 20-Feb-05, to lugnet.year.2005, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New Viking minifig has vicious looking face

(...) So would I... :-) I personally think the beards were only for the prototype pictures. Actual mass-marketing of ABS beards in different styles was probably too expensive a proposition for Lego to make. Of course I could always be pleasantly (...) (20 years ago, 20-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Viking minifig has vicious looking face

(...) Where are the beards? Why were there no beards? Are there going to be beards? Were the beards simply from the preliminary shots, and didn't make it to final production?!? ?I would like some new beards please? Questionly, --==Richard==-- (20 years ago, 19-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Viking minifig has vicious looking face

(...) Ooooh yeah! Kinda reminds me of the scenes in 'Incredible Hulk' where he sometimes just goes AAA...AAAHHH...HHH!!!...!!! all the time. Sweet. Legoswami Samarth (20 years ago, 19-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  New Viking minifig has vicious looking face

I just saw a close up of one of the new Viking minifigs on 1000steine.de today: (URL) This Norseman looks bad to the bone! The eyes are somewhat hidden by the helmet, but the mouth makes him look pretty furious. Also his red hair is kind of curly, (...) (20 years ago, 19-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New!

(...) Yah, so i guess i shoulda cross-posted to a few more relevant groups as well! 'Cause, although the Harry Potter ship is of Jack Stone (4+ and up age) origin, it's still a nice hull that's in black with gray trim. And the Shark head that fit's (...) (20 years ago, 19-Feb-05, to lugnet.year.2005, lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates)

  Belville Battle Bridge, Witches with NUNCHUCKS & Manriki gusari variant

Word. Posted a few more pics to my brickshelf account. (URL) built this out of the white mountainside BUMPs that are included in 7417 (x2) & 7412 (x4 or 5), and dark grey bumps from 4709 (x2). I geuss the main inspiration for it was realising that (...) (20 years ago, 16-Feb-05, to lugnet.belville, lugnet.castle, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Two Toned Tree

(...) If anything, Lego will enjoy all the free marketing from "HCA2005" which has been building up steadily since last year. (URL) you did not know that April 2, 1805 was Hans Christian Andersen's birthday (not Danny Kaye's) you do now... or that (...) (20 years ago, 15-Feb-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Two Toned Tree

(...) Not primarily. The Snow Queen is part of a series of sets to celebrate the famous danish fairy tale author Hans Christian Andersen. Yours, Christian (20 years ago, 15-Feb-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Two Toned Tree

(...) snip Hi Bruce, a guy called ImperialJohn on Eurobricks claims Lego has invested in new machinery capable of producing two colour blends, he claims it is also capable of combining different types of plastic, so maybe we can all look forward to (...) (20 years ago, 15-Feb-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Three Trunk Tree and Tall Thin Tree

Here's a three-trunk tree that I built for my railway layout: (URL) I used 2L black technic liftarms to attach more flex tubes to the central one. The white blobs underneath are geese! Also a tall thin tree next to an office block: (URL) tree uses a (...) (20 years ago, 14-Feb-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc) !!

  Re: Dragon by Sealug member

Thanks! Todd, have you had a chance to take more photos of this beast? Bruce (20 years ago, 14-Feb-05, to lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.castle, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact