 Castle / 20672
  Re: Vikings?

(...) While this IS the popular thought on Vikings, its not the historical correct one. The Vikings was first of all explorers, conquerors, farmers and merchants - exploring Russia, Iceland, Greenland, North America, and conquering England, Ireland (...) (20 years ago, 2-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Vikings?

Are you using the term Viking here where you should prehaps be using the term Norsemen ? I always thought that 'Viking' was a term for the Warriors. Various online encyclopaedias seem to agree with this.. (URL) for example. quote : The name Viking (...) (20 years ago, 2-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Vikings?

(...) I'd say that definition is a bit 'narrow'. As far as we learn from *our* history books, 'Vikings' are the name given to almost all inhabitants in Norway, Denmark and Sweden (and later Iceland and Greenland), maybe excluding the northernmost (...) (20 years ago, 2-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Vikings?

(...) And I'm not English speaking, so perhaps "Viking" in English do mean what you quote. But the term "Viking" in Danish mean the Danish, Norwegian, Swedish and Icelandic seafaring PEOPLE of the 8th to 11th century, not just the few raiders. And (...) (20 years ago, 3-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Vikings?

Thank you Anders and Arne for the clarification. (20 years ago, 3-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Vikings?

(...) Shouldn't we also just go straight ahead and remind everyone (including LEGO!) vikings DID not have horns as part of their helmets. But I guess the horns are to the recognition of the minifig as viking what the castle is to the playability of (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-05, to lugnet.castle)