 Castle / 20440
Re: Poe story for Halloween: Cask of Amontillado
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 06:09:55 GMT

Hi, Bruce.

Nice story. Kind of twsited.

I very much like the design across the top of the building in the first photo, alternating black 1x1 plates turned diagonally with technic holes. And the sword tucked under the arm works well--I haven’t seen that before.

The four-way arch is nice too. I might have had the two men’s hands actually clasped for the “I thought I should never have done wringing his hand” line.

I love the mime-like circus guys at the carnival. That one guy getting flipped really looks to be in motion. My only small criticism here is that it’s hard to pick out who’s talking to whom in this photo.

The shot of Montresor just starting to head down the stairs into the catacombs works very well, and I like the look of the 1x1 plates pressed into the overhead arch. And the curved wall around the spiral staircase is very impressive.

Very nice catacombs and lighting. A small criticism is that you’ve got three or four very similar shots in a row here--they’re not identical, but you might consider capturing things from a different angle. It would be nice to see a long, down-the corridor shot, with the catacombs on either side.

For the line “the foulness of the air caused our flambeaux rather to glow than flame”, I thought you might switch over to a 1x1 trans-orange round plate instead of a flame on the torches. :)

I very much like the uneveness in the quick rock-and-mortar job. But I was surprised you didn’t have an action shot of Montresor binding Fortunato, just the afterwards shot of him bound and locked.

Very enjoyable work, Bruce!

Happy Halloween!

-Brendan