 Castle / 19927
Re: Medieval Windmill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 30 May 2004 15:47:44 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Paul Janssen wrote:
   This is the next addition to my medieval town (project in progress); A windmill.

The base is octagonal, as is the main body. The top can turn 360 degrees, so it can be turned in and out of the wind. in absence of wind, it is powered by a micromotor :) , speed of the blades is therefore relatively realistic.

I like the rounded top. As I said on the COLTC list I have concerns about the long term durability of the MicroMoter due to torque loading, but hey, if it works it works.

I didn’t see how this mill determines which way to face, though...