 Castle / 19460
    Re: Sci Fi Novels --> movies —Matthew Wightwick
   (...) I read a script once of a proposed movie based upon Isaac Asimov's short stories that never got to filming. The explanation was that Asimov's stories are very adult, concerning deeper issues and themes than most Hollywood sci-fi. (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Sci Fi Novels --> movies —Erik Olson
   A novel which has, inexplicably, never been filmed, is Alfred Bester's The Stars My Destination. This is surely one of the top ten greatest Sf novels ever. It was written by a veteran radio and TV writer as an intensely paced male action hero (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Sci Fi Novels --> movies —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) (snip lots of good reasons why the book is indeed, a top 10 on many lists, and why thiis movie would rock!) All I can figure is that it's too obscure... that or there is a fair bit of introspection on the part of Foyle (his motivation for (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Sci Fi Novels --> movies —David Laswell
   (...) That would be a bit difficult, since his story wasn't published until 1956, 17 years after Batman first graced the cover of Detective Comics #32, and 16 years after the Joker was introduced in Batman #1. Ironically enough, the first Joker (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Sci Fi Novels --> movies —Erik Olson
     (...) (Ahem..) Alfred Bester's job was writing and editing Detective Comics through the 1940s. Batman worked for him. However, what I meant was, the movie version of Batman and Joker leap out of the pages of Bester's Tiger, Tiger. The momentum of (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Sci Fi Novels --> movies —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) I think you may have heard wrong. I first read Destination a long long time ago. I read CoMC about the same time and I've reread both of them several times since, and in my considered judgement, they're not at all alike. Not even close. Sure, (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, FTX)

         Re: Sci Fi Novels --> movies —Sean Forbes
     (...) Actually, age seems to have little to do with it these days... Robert Rodriguez Directing Princess of Mars Source: The Hollywood Reporter Monday, March 1, 2004 Robert Rodriguez ("Spy Kids" series) is set to direct Edgar Rice Burroughs' science (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, FTX)

        Re: Sci Fi Novels --> movies —James Powell
   (...) Just a quick note from another SF reader, the Hammers Slammers series of books, in particular, "Cross the Stars" also has 2 FTL systems in it. And just in case you care, Cross the Stars is a SF version of the Odyssey. At least David Drake is (...) (20 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, FTX)