 Castle / 19441
  Re: Sci Fi Novels --> movies

In lugnet.castle, Mark Sandlin wrote about some scifi stories being made into movies. (...) I've heard that Douglas Adams's "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" is being made into a movie, but apparently it has fallen into the same black hole. (...) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Sci Fi Novels --> movies

nope, its very much back in production. They have been casting for it the last few months, filming starts next month (URL) James Stacey ------ www.minifig.co.uk Lugnet Member #925 I'm a citizen of Legoland travellin' Incommunicado "Andrew" (...) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

  Re: Sci Fi Novels --> movies

(...) with the original cast from the TV show. Too bad Rimmer's like 45 now. I saw the guy who played Lister hosting some robot battle show a few years ago, and he still looks pretty young, so there is hope. -Dan Rubin (20 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

  Re: Sci Fi Novels --> movies

"Daniel Rubin" <hppyweasel@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Hu4229.D1A@lugnet.com... (...) the (...) stick (...) saw the (...) he (...) yup, apart from thats Red Dwarf, not Hitch Hikers Guide Red Dwarf starts filming down under in May (20 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

  Re: Sci Fi Novels --> movies

(...) Boy my reading comprehension skills are fantastic! I'll just chalk this one up to having started spring break last night and something to do with the Law Review Right on. I hope that the Hitchhiker's Guide movie is better than the BBC series. (...) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

  Re: Sci Fi Novels --> movies

(...) Did anyone ever see the British TV serial version? I thought it was "charming" is the only word I can think of. It did seem to me to catch the essence of books, even if it ended oddly. I particularly liked the way it switched between the story (...) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

  Re: Sci Fi Novels --> movies

In lugnet.castle, Daniel Rubin wrote: snip (...) Apropos of much of this thread, I'm just glad when a movie resembles the book it was based on at all. John LeCarré once said: "Watching your novel being made into a movie is like watching your oxen (...) (20 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

  Re: Sci Fi Novels --> movies

(...) My friend has it in DVD and I'll probably be seeing it very soon. I'm reading the books right now and I'm afraid of what the movie will be like. Considering the actors that are in it, I'm pretty sure it will be horribly bad. (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

  Re: Sci Fi Novels --> movies

(...) Back in the early '80s I actually wrote Douglas Adams a letter talking about how much I liked the books (I think just two were out then) he had written. He wrote back, telling me he was working on getting a movie of HHGTTG made and that there (...) (20 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.general, FTX)