 Castle / 19007
Re: My second Castle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 06:15:18 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz wrote:
In lugnet.castle, David Ishak wrote:
Hi all,

A while ago, I had asked around for some advice on raising models. Well, I gave
it a go with various methods and this was the outcome.............

Amazing!

I've looked at all the pictures first just to admire the completeness of it, and
secondly for detail.  I just can't find any flaws with it! [1]

Pawel, Thanks again, I guess the Flaws arent always visible in our pics, but
only we are the ones to notice, right? The table that I had built this MOC on
isnt really that strong and it has started to Bow right down the middle, as you
can imagine, it has caused Chaos trying to keep the foundation of this model
together. All in all though, it turned out alright. I think the weight of the
model has just kept it together underneath. Only time will tell..........

I love the fact that the castle is elevated on a hill made from green bricks,
which it turn lies on a terrain of tan sand bricks, which in turn lie an blue
water baseplates.  That is a very convincing look for the castle - it makes
everything come alive.

Here in Australia, TLC have taken the Blue Baseplates off the shelves, and I
never ever thought this would happen, thence, I never Bought any. This would
have made building this MOC a lot quicker and easier, unfortunately I had to
settle for all those Blue bricks I have never used. At least they came into use
for something. At one stage I was thinking about building a Blue Tower just so I
could use them up.

I also like all the detail that went into the castle -
it's very realistic.  A Carney Castle.

The castle would have been good enough, but the village gives it even more life.
It provides a nice addition, and the bridges between all three islands are
great!

Lastly, the detail is just amazing.  I love the fishermen casting their net, the
small patrol of soldiers walking around, and the forestment sneaking around the
corner to break into the castle.  Just the right amount of people doing just the
right things.

To be honest, I had found my inspiration through many Castle fans such as
yourself, Johannes Kholer, Carney, Kev Hall, Anthony Sava and many many more.

Very convincing and just beautiful!  I feel giddy just looking at it ...

Pawel, coming from a Fellow Castle builder, I am speechless. Thank you!!!!

     -- Pawel

[1] Ok - this is a "maybe" - are all your towers accessible using
stairs/ladders?  But that's just picky :)

I dont think that is been picky, its good to be realistic(I think) when building
something like this. Out of the four towers, only two of them have ladders.
However, the Keep has three levels and does have stair access throughout. Down
the bottom which isnt very visible looking at the pics, there is the Dungeon,
second floor being the Armory and the top floor is the Kings Throne and Siesta
room. I will have to upload all the internal pics. Its pretty cool........

http://www.hostultra.com/~verneer/

Dave
davescastle