 Castle / 18600 (+100)
  Re: The new Castle sets are not Bionicle, time to get over it.

(...) Amen, brother!! I may not like Bionicle, but I see it has some worth and I don't waste my time bashing it every moment I get. C'mon guys, get over it and let's get back to MOCing! Lord of the LEGO One Brick to Rule Them All!! (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

Nice contest. I have questions: 1. Are "ninja" style buildings and creations allowable? 2. If I have built something and it has never been in any contest or on any website save one (in which few people have ever even seen or heard of) can I use it? (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

(...) Thank you. (...) We are focusing primarily on western castles. However, Ninja creations could be very appropriate for certain categories. All of the CCC compliant categories would work while "classic shop" might be harder to do. So I would try (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

(...) Ben, How about modifications to heads? Here I'm thinking of the work of Brendan Smith: (URL) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

(...) Hi Bruce, That is probably fine. But the majority of "grading" will be based on what you do with the brick, not the figs and heads. Ben (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

(...) Hi Bruce, That is probably fine. But the majority of "grading" will be based on what you do with the brick, not the figs and heads. Ben (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

Hi Benjamin, the rules say: "Submissions can not be entered into any other LEGO contest" Since the ISCC III is running I have to ask: Why? The Colossal Castle Contest was announced at 1000steine.de today, and I think a few Castle Builders from (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

Hello! (...) Yes. But they are way more like "Bionicle" than like "System Castle" :-) And by saying the new Knight figures are NOT Bionicle you make us Castle fans despair even more. Because it means: They are not Bionicle but Castle, meaning that (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) That's a bit of a jump. Plus, "Bionicle" is a defined theme with a defined storyline, which the knights are not a part of. So, it is entirely true saying its not Bionicle, and its entirely false saying it is Bionicle. -Tim (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The new Castle sets are not Bionicle, time to get over it.

Hello! (...) So you do not like non-adult LEGO fans to be here!? Why are you bashing underage LEGO fans? Just kidding. You see one must be extra carefull with any single word one says. Even if one doesn't mean to offend anybody at all people may (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

I have I question: Say I create a really cool looking Castle creation but lacking a digital camera and not wanting to burn a roll of film for just 3 or 4 photographs I can't post photos, could I duplicate my creation in LDraw or some other computer (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

Hi Tim! (...) sigh Of course those Knights are not "Bionicle". However, imagine NOT being a Bionicle-connoisseur (And note, I do not say "Bionicle-Fan", just in case we want to continue being pettifoggers (sorry, if this word is an offensive term, (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

(...) Hi René, We wanted our contest to be separate from other contests. ISCC is different because of the storytelling aspect. However, since many people have voiced concerns, the CC admins will discuss this and get back to you. We both want people (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

(...) Hi Orion, This is another thing admins need to discuss. I think you will be able to do this. Although it would be cool to make creations for multiple categories and take many photographs ;). We will get back to you on this. Ben E. (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Rumored Castle sets now a nightmare.

(...) Mark, These are large-scale action figures built with many non-System pieces (though perhaps not as much as Bionicle). There is a small number of key characters--each with their own color and emblem (compare to Bionicle element)--with some (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

(...) That's why entries have to be "new" online, that's very intelligible. I've made such a rule in the ISCC I - III too. (...) I think about if this would bother me (people submit elsewhere-known entries to the ISCC), but I think it wouldn't. As (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

(...) Hi, I just have to say something here... René, you are a good and decent person! You bring integrity and respect to both yourself and your site. I just find it so admirable how different groups with different contests are trying to work (...) (21 years ago, 20-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

Hi Richard, thank you, please tell this to my wife, she's so smitten with remorse whenever I'm "working" on 1000steine.de, maybe you can help me to get a little bit more understanding from her ;-) Oh, and Ben: I just read on Classic-Castle.com again (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Colossal Castle Contest

(...) Hi René, A majority of the CC admins discussed the rules and decided to change them to allow people to enter both contests. The creations will still have to meet our category requirements. Even though our contest ends on 1/20, winners are not (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  (canceled)

  Re: MichLUG to display at the 19th Annual Festival of Trees - Detroit

As a followup to the announcment, here are some photos from the setup day yesterday. Classic Castle fans should note the pretty extensive medieval village in one corner of the display (separated from the rest of the layout by a "reality barrier" of (...) (21 years ago, 22-Nov-03, to lugnet.org, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Big Ugly Beast or BUB for short

Hey All, Here is an entry for the Colossal Castle Contest. MOCpage - (URL) - (URL) opinions are welcome! Josh (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  New Colors...

Hey all. I'm kind of a lurker here, but I do get on about everyday to read new posts, and post occasionally. I know this has been discussed ad nauseum here on lugnet, at fbtb, and about every where else Lego has an influence, but I wanted to see (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Colors...

Hey Nathan, I have avoided getting involved in the whole colors thing, but this is a good question. I don't really think the new colors will be a huge deal. I already have color variety in my grey. I have really old lego and really new lego, and (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Colors... Smell The Glove

(...) Ah, excellent idea! I should take up smoking to make my new bricks match my old ones! Problem solved! In all seriousness, the color change is not the end of the world. But when I read a message like yours I have to wonder whether you think the (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Colors...

Hello! (...) I want to see the new tone with my own eyes before I start serious complaining. But I do not welcome the change. There are things to build that are not just castle walls. Some things just need to be monochrome. And some pieces that I (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Colors...

(...) I have no problem with new colors, or even re-doing colors. The main problem to me is that old grey and dk grey are gonna be difficult to get. I'd like more grey so I can build bigger and bigger castles. But then again, I've got enough grey (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  2004 Castle Products

What a boost in Castle traffic in the last week! There has been quite a bit of discussion about how system castle is about to be completely and forever replaced by a Castle/Bionicle combo. This info has been gathered (or created) based on leaks, (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX) !!

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Thank you for explanation. I'd like to ask: how about Pirates? We heard the new Pirate sets will be 4+, with Jack Stone scale figures. That means no more regular minifig scale Pirates? Thanks in advance and kind regards, -- shgg. (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) What a perfectly cromulent word! ;-) (...) Thanks much for the update -- it's highly appreciated! Kevin (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) phew! Thank you for this update, Regards, René (URL) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) The take-away from my last message should be (in part) that no new product by default leads to the demise of another product. Jake --- Jake McKee Community Liaison LEGO Community Development (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Jake, Let me be the first to say I was wrong to over-react. Of course, I'm sure you can understand our/my misgivings. I did see the Galidor Knights as a possible way to pull people into LEGO Castle generally. Also, let me thank you for all (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

Hello! (...) So, being one of those people I apologise. If it was an illogically is a different point. I think from what has happened to the Castle line for the last year and the Pirates line for several years now let room for demoralising (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Hi Jake, Thanks for those three very critical bits of information! The fact that Harry Potter & Castle can coexist is interesting. (many thought there were parallels to how Star Wars disallows Space.) Much obliged, your clarity is appreciated, (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Hi Jake, Thanks for those three very critical bits of information! The fact that Harry Potter & Castle can coexist is interesting. (many thought there were parallels to how Star Wars disallows Space.) Much obliged, your clarity is appreciated, (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) OH, BOY! This leaves me just tingling with excitement! I can imagine it now, making up for all those years of missed classic sets... But I think I'll just keep my speculations to myself! Andrew (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

Cool. It'll give the castle folks an opportunity to start collecting castle poops in the new grey :) Adrian (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Big Ugly Beast or BUB for short

(...) Hi Josh, what's up? Nice MOC. I really like the cave inside view. Cool beast too. Good luck in the contest (URL) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Big Ugly Beast or BUB for short

Hey Josh, Great MOC! The Classic Castle contest was just announced, and already you've raised the bar. I like the cut-away view of the interior, also the use of the printed baseplates to make the meandering stream. The BUB itself is cool--I didn't (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Colors... Smell The Glove

(...) No, I wouldn't have changed the colors. But I have a hard time seeing why people are getting so worked up over it. Legos are my hobby, not my life. I build to have fun and relax. I don't have strong emotions tied into what the Lego company (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Big Ugly Beast or BUB for short

Hey Yaron, Thanks for the comments. It was a lot a fun to build. I am wondering if I need to make a series with Bub. You know Bub destroying a town, Bub devouring people, etc. :) Josh (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: New Colors... Smell The Glove

(...) Thanks for answering this question. I didn't mean to single you out by asking; I've read a number of posts just like yours. I was curious about this because posts like yours suggest that you support the color change, when in fact you are (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Colors... Smell The Glove

Hey all, thanks for responding. Personally, if I had all-encompassing power over time, space, and Lego, I would keep the colors the same as they've been, to keep my collection like it is. But, since I only have all-encompassing power over time and (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) So what you are saying is... that... F-F-FABULAND LIVES!!! :) ;P ..Heehee, seriously though, thanks for your words on all this. The Harry Potter vs System-Castle concerns have been here for some time. It is nice to here at least some (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: New Colors... Smell The Glove

Hey Chris, Thanks for the explanation. I wasn't offended. I also like Spinal Tap and I knew the reference, I just was a bit, ummm, surprised that you compared what I said to what they were saying. If I was offended, I wouldn't have put the smiley in (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Big Ugly Beast or BUB for short

(...) Hey Bruce, Thanks! I actually had something like this in the works (meaning rolling about in my head) when the contest was announced. The BUB was kind of a surprise. I had another beasty all ready (not as effective, but ok). I just got an Ebay (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

Please don't take this as a smart-*** response. It may seem that way, but it's to get you to think about something here... (...) <cough>grey, dark grey, brown<cough> (...) "Hey, grey is one of our core, classic colors - do you think we're just going (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) YES!!! Stephen (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) There are already a bazillion threads about the color changes. This isn't one of them. (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Did the existence of Jack Stone prevent LEGO from ever making regular minifig scale City sets again? I would guess that there will probably be regular minifig scale pirate sets again someday. However, they have to give the 4 year olds (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) I want to say that it is very cool to have a representative of a large company personally post responses to the concerns of a minority of a minority. (Castle builders as a subset of adult builders who themselves are a small percentage of (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

I agree. It's nice to see a company like Lego pay attention to the less than 200 adults who build plastic castles. I hope the new sets in 2004 are worthy of the special post! -Aaron "Rocco J Carello" <rogue27@mac.com> wrote in message (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) I was convinced after seeing the set numbers on the pirate sets (7070-...) that the sets would be minifig scaled, because recent minifig-themes (orient expedition, world city) are all in the 7-series, whereas the new 4-juniors sets (formerly (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

In lugnet.castle, Jake McKee wrote: snip (...) snip While I greet this news with some relief, I would like to voice some concern over this, some of the recent posts (no, I'm not going to bring them all up again) mentioned that castle has had some (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) In case you haven't noticed - Gray is one of the primary colours when it comes to castles ;-) Seriously - Tom raises an important point here: "How reliable is TLC?", and I see close connections between changes in bricks/colours and changes in (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Well, I can only second that. Even though I have the next LEGO shop more or less around the corner (half an hour drive+searching for a parking lot ;-), I usually do not buy there. The more interesting sets have been available only through S@H (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Yes it does, just in the form of a certain mouse¹... Jason Railton ¹ I'm still curious how much it costs to license a trademark that, according to the law at the time it was registered, should have expired two decades ago... (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  (canceled)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Yes, Tom does raise an important point. However, it is the same point that was raised in all of the "color change" threads, and it is off-topic in this thread no matter how far he wants to stretch a tangent that connects them. Personally, I am (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) After the stupendous success of Galidor, I have nothing but great optimism for this product line. (...) I'm sorry, but very often this is exactly the case, at least for several years. The inclusion of juniorization equaled the demise of good (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(snip) (...) After the color change announcement (Rocco, this one's for you) I think there will be a lot of wild theories floating around. The train of though goes like this "If Lego will discontinue core colors what else are they capable of?" (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Thanks for the consideration. (...) Now this is interesting. What is TLG capable of? We've seen the quality of Castle sets progressively get worse every year since about 1992. We've seen Bionicle cannabilize the Technic line. We've seen the (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Big Ugly Beast or BUB for short

(...) What, no fair maid held captive inside the cave to be resculed? :-) Or did I overlook her somehow? With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Pictures of 'Bionicle-Castle' sets, from UK club magazine

"Huw Millington" <hmillington@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:HoLBJJ.6LK@lugnet.com... (...) I like them! I hope they have some new/interesting parts for MOC's and MODz! brickmodder (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Sticker Shield 'Box'

(...) Didn't I lose my teaching gig last May? ;) I don't have it, but I've heard that the Town Square (URL) stickers on the shields. Can anyone confirm or deny? (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Clear Horses? Clear Minifigs?

(...) Yes, if you have read book five you will know A) why they are clear and B) why they are skeletal. Go read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. Aaron S (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

Hi Jake, I was so excited when I found out there'll be new HP sets! I LOVE Harry Potter! Can I ask if Lego plans on asking rights to make HP merchandise like you do with Bionicle & Star Wars, etc. Like the pens, keychains, sticker books, backpacks, (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

You know what annoys me the most Jake? ALL THE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE NEW COLORS & SETS! "Lego doesn't care about us" %^$& THAT! If it doesn't go your way, its wrong? WOW calm down, deal with it, THEME'S ARE NEVER "dead". Josh (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Clear Horses? Clear Minifigs?

Since it's been brought up again, it was this: (URL) this: (URL) provided me with the original inspiration to create these: (URL) now you know. :) Alan (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) Woohoo!!! Thanks Jake!!! Jen (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Updates on addresses of sites under ozBricks

Hi everybody, Due to few changes under ozBricks server, I wanted to update everybody regarding my sites: 1. The ozBricks links sites new address is: (URL) Links might not work for a while (until the entire changes will be done). Please updates your (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.cad, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.trains, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) When I see the word "constraction" I don't think "contructible" + "action"... I think "constriction" + "contraction" + "distraction"... But that's probably just me. As in, "My stomach goes into constractions thinking about Galidor." :D --Todd (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

How about "I'm conscracting my head over some of these new sets". Or "What I can build is constracted by these new sets". ;) -Aaron "Todd Lehman" <tsl@tsl.bu.edu> wrote in message news:HozCIn.16HF@lugnet.com... (...) Those (...) "action"... (...) (...) (21 years ago, 26-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2004 Castle Products

(...) For those of us who are concerned about this colour change issue, Thomas message is pertinent enough to deserve belonging to this thread (or any other for that matter). If the old greys/brown are in fact being replaced (yes, there are some of (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Big Ugly Beast or BUB for short

(...) Well...I thought about it, but decided that BUB would have eaten her, not saved her. So, no maiden. :) Josh (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Not Really About 2004 Castle Products

(...) I could be wrong, but I don't think it's okay to hijack any thread you want with color complaints. No message is that important. That just seems like simple posting etiquette. What is the point of starting a thread to discuss a topic if the (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Raising a model?

Hi all, I know this may be a change of topic to what is most popular at the moment(colour changes and new castle sets), but I just had a question to ask for all. What do most AFOLs use as an underlay when raising a model? (landscaping, mountains, (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Raising a model?

(...) Well thank the stars for that! (...) I have used duplo, and the normal bricks fit OK on top, but obviously only in multiples of 2 and also only using 2*x bricks not plates or 1*x bricks. The bonding is quite weak, so you need to remember to (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Raising a model?

(...) That puts Duplo out of the question. I have an abundance of light grey 1*x pieces in all sizes, try to hold onto the 2*x bricks for strength. What do you mean by lifting from the base and not from the upper part? (...) The framework approach (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Raising a model?

(...) You could try Duplo (it is fully compatible with System) but you may find that it is even more expensive than an equivalent stack of regular brick. The most widely-used technique that I've seen is a mix of 2x4s and 2x2s to create a lattice (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Raising a model?

"Dave" <ishakd@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:Hp08F2.13zp@lugnet.com... (...) ---...---8<-------- snip (...) I use a latice of 2xX bricks to build up a framework. I have bags of old crummy scratched and pre abs LEGO bricks I have been trying (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Raising a model?

(...) I don't have the best of suggestions -- other than to caution you about how much weight you want to put on the 'raised' area. If it's really light, just about anything goes: a lattice, duplo (though I just can't imagine myself doing that), or (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Raising a model?

Hi Dave, I thought about this problem a great deal as I wanted to create a seaside town with a dock and so I needed to elevate the town above sea-level. I ended up using the duplo solution for this. You can see pictures at: (URL) I don't have my (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Raising a model?

(...) Hi David. (...) Feel free, new threads are good! (...) For me it depends on the moc. Cliffs are pretty easy using BURPs and LURPs. See the current BUB thread for pics of a cliff. (URL) (...) When I have raised a moc I almost never fill in (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Not Really About 2004 Castle Products

snipped the message :) Hey Rocco, Way to go! I agree with you completely! Keep threads seperate, that is the point of having threads. I have been trying to avoid the color threads (that doesn't sound right...oh well) but have been reading the new (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Raising a model?

(...) You know those thick plates they use in many of the Harry Potter sets? I usually build several columns of 2x2 bricks, and then put those harry potter plates on top. It's really quick and easy. I think LEGO S@H sells then in a variety of colors (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Raising a model?

(...) I once raised up 32x32 baseplates. Underneath I used 4x4 pillars. At the edges, the pillars would wrap over the edge of the baseplate to hold it down. Baseplate is really equal to one plate. Now that every Harry Potter set comes with a thick (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Not Really About 2004 Castle Products

Rocco, I think you need to reread my original post. It was about the Castle line. I used the color issue to point out that rumors of Castle demise were perfectly understandable. Reread, and chill out. It's not your thread, you don't own it, anyone (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Big Ugly Beast or BUB for short

(...) My 3 arguments why BUB would NOT eat the maiden: a. What's in it for that Brave Knight Guy then? No sane canned person would risk such an ambitious fight for the soul purpose of honour (And any insane one would loose the fight) b. In general, (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Big Ugly Beast or BUB for short

(...) Okay, okay. You have convinced me! :) There should have been a fair maiden. I was thinking the brave/stupid/insane knight was fighting BUB for the sake of the kingdom and honor and glory. Alright, here are two after-the-fact edited storylines. (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Raising a model?

(...) I am trying to Build a Castle which I guess will have a lot of top end weight, the lattice approach seems the most logical at the moment. It looks as though this model will be Quite heavy, might just have to double the Lattice work. (...) Too (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Raising a model?

(...) Great MOC Stephen! Checking out the pics, I can see the Duplo base, very simple, and yet looks extremely efficient. Seeing many great MOCs on Brickshelf, you never really see how these models have been raised and always keeps you curious as to (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Raising a model?

(...) This idea is Brilliant, Looks as though a lot less bricks required. At the moment I have been using 2x4 bricks, keeping them two studs apart and overlapping them(wish I had a pic to make sense). This method still uses a lot, at least I now (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Raising a model?

(...) I've done several different methods; nearly everything I build these days seems to start with some buildup inside or underneath... Methods I've used: 4x4 columns with regular baseplate on top. This works quite well for landscape, although the (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Raising a model?

(...) Interesting. It looks like it would be much more vulnerable to shear than the "GMLTC lattice" (search for that string to find lots of posts about it) though.... (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Raising a model?

(...) The GMLTC uses a "grid and tower" system, with towers of 2x2 bricks, and a grid of 2x4 bricks. (URL) Towers, grid, overlay (surface). The green bricks represent the outside wall of the module, the blue 1x4 bricks are what leaves room for the (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Not Really About 2004 Castle Products

(...) Laughs out loud! Where O where did you get the O Fortuna idea from? Anyway, as soon as you have some pics of these sets, I will start to believe in them.... (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego, lugnet.general)

  Re: Raising a model?

(...) This was my first attempt and unfortunately, I failed miserably. I found I had too much sag in the Base plate between the 8x8 column and the edges. However, I have used this method in one part of my MOC where the Ground will be raised only (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Raising a model?

(...) Right, this design is not as strong in the lateral direction as a more dense lattice. For a stronger structure, you can place more layers of 2x4s, ie: put an X and a Y support brace together between every 5 2x2s instead of alternating x 5 y 5 (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact