 Castle / 17907
Re: 3CS Corner City Gate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 16:37:55 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
In lugnet.castle, Alan Findlay wrote:
- snip-

Alan,

First let me say that I'm glad to see one of the founders of the MM embracing
the 3C.  I agree with you, the way you adapted your tower does show the
flexibility of the 3CS.  I was hoping I'd be the first to have a crack at
building something in the new standard, but I'm glad you did.

The tower is a great model - very attractive and i always have respect for
innovative technique, like putting the gate on a corner.  I'm sure you know the
pictures are a bit dark and blurry.  I'd love to see bigger, nicer pictures of
this, because, from what I can tell, it really is a nice MOC.

-lenny

Sorry about the picture quality. I meant to address that on my original post.
It's what happens when you use a $40 digital camera :/

Hopefully I can borrow the office camera by the weekend to get better shots. I
was just in a hurry to get something up for folks to see. I'm not one who is
usually first in things, particularly Lego, so I kinda jumped at the chance,
however flawed. :)

I was really impressed when I saw the 3CS announcement. The simplicity is
excellent. Then I had an "oh, crud" moment as I realized that a) my own wall
system didn't comply (and couldn't easily); and b) it relied on the one thing I
lack, baseplates. But I was still pleased that a standard had been presented,
and since I doubt that I'll ever get to any Lego gathering the "loss" for me was
pretty minimal.

Only after mulling over it for a bit did it dawn on me that at least my Corner
Gate could be modified with add-ons. Then I got really excited (giddy, even) as
I worked at it, and was very pleased with the result. Maybe I should look into
some of those "gatherings" that I hear about after all!

Thanks for the feedback. With better pictures more will be apparent. Here's
hoping.

Alan