 Castle / 17905
17904  |  17906
Subject:
3CS Corner City Gate
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 2003 23:48:34 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

It's ironic, really.

Here I am, one of the people who gave input into the Medieval Marketplace
standard, and I haven't even got past a skeletal mock-up of what I'd like to
create for it.

And then along comes the Classic Castle City Standard (for which I didn't give
input) and voila! I've got something already.

In one sense you might say I cheated. But then again, what I did is, IMO, a
glowing testimony to how flexible and useful 3CS is.

All I did was take an existing city gate, which did not meet the standard, and
add on small extensions that did.

The first two pictures are the inside view of the gate (doors open and closed),
and the third shows the outside.

The fourth picture shows the original gate module separated from the
3CS-compliant add-ons.

The fifth picture has the gate module along with my usual extensions for my own
city wall (non-compliant).

The sixth and seventh pictures are of the gate with extensions attached.

The gate module is designed to sit on a 16x16 plate, and with the extensions it
would fit on a 32x32 plate. Because of parts limitations, and the warping effect
of clones on Lego baseplates, my walls are built without baseplates.

LMKWYT.

Alan