 Castle / 176
Re: Brown Forestmen
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1999 21:12:17 GMT

In lugnet.castle, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.castle, Richard Manzo writes:
The forestmen i have is just like any other forestmen except instead of the
regular red, blue, black, or all green tops it is brown. I checked all of the
forestmen sets in the pause database but no brown forestmen. I am starting to
think that i have a mistake on my hands here. Rich

So the minifig has:
- Green legs
- Green waist
- Green Torso with:
     Brown notched collar
     Drawn on black belt w/ yellow buckle
- Brown arms
- Yellow hands
- Standard Smiley Head
- Green or Brown pointy Robin Hood-style hat
- Quiver w/ arrows on back
- Some color plume

Wierd! I haven't seen or heard of anything like this...
Possibilities (that I can think of):
A. Sometimes 'enemy' figs show up in sets from other genres... Wolfpack figs
show up as 'prisoners' in Black Knights sets, etc.... Maybe he came from
another "team"'s set?

B. Perhaps he came from a small baggy-type set that isn't in the Pause • database
(or any set that wouldn't be listed, like possibly some European sets, etc.)

C. It's really a faded red one (sun faded or whatever)

D. The minifig is a valuable and unusual printing mistake!

Let us know if any further details surface! How did you acquire it to begin
with?

DaveE

We had quite a discussion on this on lugnet.cad.dev (see
http://www.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=1647) when I did the torso for LDraw. I think
the concensus was that there are a whole range of "reds" from crimson through
maroon to brown. Maybe you just have one end of this spectrum?

Chris