 Castle / 17525
Re: Who says nobody builds ships?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 16:22:05 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Ben Harris wrote:
   Hello hello!

My name is Benjamin Harris and I’m a new poster here. I’ve been lurking for several years now, but I finally decided to work up the courage to share a couple of my creations with the folks here at Lugnet.

Hi! always great to add someone to the community, especially the .pirate community!

   Anyway, since both creations I’m posting today could fit nicely into either .pirate or .castle (oddly enough), I decided posting in both newsgroups should suffice.

First off I have a red medieval warship I built over a year ago and have barely taken photographs of.

Here is 3/4 veiw of the front:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Tycho123/reddragonship/reddragonship.jpg

And here is a view of the interior with the ships catapult visible on the upper ‘castle’:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Tycho123/reddragonship/reddragon_interior.jpg

Last but not least here is the entire gallery folder (which has already, conveniently enough, been moderated :-) ):

this is a nice small medieval style ship, with high fore and stern castles to fight from. also, the color scheme is nice, the only problem with black is it doesnt lend itself to showing details in pictures, as i experienced with my last ship posts, but you cant go wrong with it!

   Finally, I have a Pirate’s fortress (or castle if you like). I suppose that the fort could be some sort of abandoned Spanish fortification that was taken over by Captain Red FacialHair ;) and his band of cutthroats.

Here’s the front of the fotress with 6268 in front of it for a sense of scale:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Tycho123/piratefort/piratefort1.jpg

Here’s a view of some of them scurvee dawgs patrolling the roof:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Tycho123/piratefort/piratefortbtop2.jpg

And finally, here’s a picture of the bane of pirates in the Carribean, the Shark That Can Swim Very Close To Land:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Tycho123/piratefort/piratefortgshark.jpg

Oh yes, here is the full gallery folder for the fort/castle (and yes, it has been moderated):

i really like the fort, it has a nice feel to it. it is large, solid, and “old”. it looks like it belongs on some craggy rock out in the ocean, guarding the entrance to some cove or harbor. i realy like the way you did the corners, it breaks up the squareness of the fort, and gives more for the eye to take in.

   Anyway, thank you for your time and PLMKWYT. I’ll be trying to keep things much more historically accurate from now on.

good work! look forward to seeing more stuff built, especially the sailing ships you spoke of in an earlier reply. ;-) they are my favorite!

   -Ben Harris

thanks steve