 Castle / 17510
17509  |  17511
Subject:
Who says nobody builds ships?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:56:37 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello hello!

My name is Benjamin Harris and I’m a new poster here. I’ve been lurking for several years now, but I finally decided to work up the courage to share a couple of my creations with the folks here at Lugnet.

Anyway, since both creations I’m posting today could fit nicely into either .pirate or .castle (oddly enough), I decided posting in both newsgroups should suffice.

First off I have a red medieval warship I built over a year ago and have barely taken photographs of.

Here is 3/4 veiw of the front:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Tycho123/reddragonship/reddragonship.jpg

And here is a view of the interior with the ships catapult visible on the upper ‘castle’:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Tycho123/reddragonship/reddragon_interior.jpg

Last but not least here is the entire gallery folder (which has already, conveniently enough, been moderated :-) ):

Finally, I have a Pirate’s fortress (or castle if you like). I suppose that the fort could be some sort of abandoned Spanish fortification that was taken over by Captain Red FacialHair ;) and his band of cutthroats.

Here’s the front of the fotress with 6268 in front of it for a sense of scale:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Tycho123/piratefort/piratefort1.jpg

Here’s a view of some of them scurvee dawgs patrolling the roof:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Tycho123/piratefort/piratefortbtop2.jpg

And finally, here’s a picture of the bane of pirates in the Carribean, the Shark That Can Swim Very Close To Land:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Tycho123/piratefort/piratefortgshark.jpg

Oh yes, here is the full gallery folder for the fort/castle (and yes, it has been moderated):

Anyway, thank you for your time and PLMKWYT. I’ll be trying to keep things much more historically accurate from now on.

-Ben Harris