 Castle / 17478
  Church MOC

Hi all, At last I managed to complete and photograph another MOC in my series of dutchesque style creations, a roman church: (URL) MOC consists of three parts connected to each other with technic pegs with removable towers and roofs and featuring a (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Church MOC

The interior is even better than the exterior. Very nice work! I think the way you used the plates on the roof is better than anything you could have done with slopes, even if you had plenty of them. So, what's in the cupboard? (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Church MOC

(...) Nicely done. Is that an angel above the front door? Excellent. The interior is really impressive. Those stainded glass windows are quite neat. If I was to offer some critism it would be that the outside doesn't seem as detailed as it could (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Church MOC

Hello! Nice, very nice, really! That's a Roman church. Dot. I like the cute and simple look of the hole building. Don't get my wrong, I know it is NOT a simple building. It just looks as chaste as a Roman church has to. The interior also is very (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Church MOC

(...) like the candles, since I've been working myself on a church for a while (but much smaller then yours), I've been looking for a way of doing candles for a while. I also like very much the colorfull windows, and I don't know why people says the (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Church MOC

Hi David, (...) Thank you. I think using plates for the roofs gives me an increased versatility. But against a few drawbacks, like difficulty making a pointy top. Nevertheless I'm looking forward to owning more of these new 2x3 and 2x4 wings for (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Church MOC

Hi Jason, (...) Thanks a lot. (...) That's the idea, glad you can recognize as such. (...) I respectfully disagree :-) I've been tinkering around with it, adding crosses, more angels or simply circles and rectangles only to decide that it's a (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Church MOC

Hi Johannes, "Johannes 'Jojo' Koehler" wrote (...) Well, thank you. (...) That was the idea. In fact I have been visiting roman churches in the neighbourhood from which I borrowed details for this MOC, but I'm glad it's recognizable as roman style. (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Church MOC

Hi Yaron, "the black sword" wrote (...) Thanks indeed. (...) If you like them, please feel free to use these. Even better, improve on them ;-) (...) That's true, I don't have the white for it. And even though that would be a nice color, I certainly (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Church MOC

This is a great church. It has a great look from the outside, and the interior details are fantastic. Highlights: Creative roof using the plates at different angles. Inset windows add great texture. The candles look real enough to light! I like the (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Church MOC

Hi Aaron, Thank you for your kind remarks! I hope you don't mind if I will not actually light the Lego candles, my bricks are precious to me ;-) Regards, Twan. (...) the (...) yet large (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jul-03, to lugnet.castle)