 Castle / 13816
Re: Gnarlbark the Treant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 00:19:14 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Anthony Sava writes:
I just thought I'd share with the lugnet community my latest creature MOC.  It
is a treant I call Gnarlbark.  In case you don't know what a treant is, I'll
quote from my officially official AD&D Monstrous Manual (which is where I get a
lot of my creature MOC inspiration).

<snip>
Of course my treant is an adaptation, as my treant lies in 'tree form' when
sitting on his legs.

Gnarlbark in Treeform:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/treant/treantsitfront.jpg

Gnarlbark in Walker form:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/treant/treantstandfront.jpg

More pics can be seen here when the folder is moderated:

Comments welcome and appreciated.

--Anthony
http://www.ozbricks.com/ikros

Anthony,

   Very creative idea.  I can't wait for the gallery to go public so I can
check out more of your Treant.  From the pictures that are available, I
really like the way you designed the hands. They definitely have a root-ish
look to them.

   Question: Do my eyes deceive me or does this Treant walk on 4 legs?

Excellent work!
Keep building,
   Jim F.