 Castle / 13780
  Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

Hi everyone, Well for Brickfest this year I brought along a project that I have been working on since the Memorial Day weekend of this year. I am very pleased with the way it turned out. As I told everyone that asked, my inspiration came from (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build) !!

  RE: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

(...) Holy cats! Or monkeys, or whatever the holy animal is.... I will attempt to ask questions as soon as my jaw comes up off the floor. Cheers, Ralph (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

Wow! I saw pictures of that in someone's gallery of Brickfest snapshots. That's really cool. It seems kind of Ankor Wat -y to me. Was that the ancient structure you were drawing on? Oh, one piece question. What is the clear colorless piece that is (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

(...) That's easily the best alternate use of an element I saw in any MOC this year (and I was rolling over the fact that Stephen Roberts said the same thing in his message over at .events.brickfest). It was a truly stunning creation, and well (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

(...) What Jim neglects to mention is that this won a trophy for best non castle structure at BF... There are a LOT of neat features in this model. My fave has got to be the fountains though. (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

WOW! Stunning... The details are exquisite, the overall structure is beautiful. Great job! (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

(...) Wow...looks so good it could be mistaken for a spoiler pic for the new Indiana Jones 4 movie. Great techniques in all parts of the model. Love the authentic "ancient" look. I can hear the "hummmmmmmm" mantras now... Jeff (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

(...) ..oli (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

(...) Thanks to both Bruce and Lindsay for their compliments. I too enjoyed Stephen's message, especially the very last award :) I must admit that I am surprised at the number of people who have commented on the fiber optics usage as streams of (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

(...) See what happens when you try to post on limited sleep, you skip some important details. Thanks Larry for filling in the holes for me. The Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree won first place for the category of Non-Castle Moc in the castle room. Thanks (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

(...) Ankor was just one of the structures that inspired me. I had originally intended to focus on one type of architecture because I was afraid that by trying to blend different types together, the project wouldn't look as good. But I found that as (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

(...) turned out as good as yours, but I will continue to practice. Keep building, Jim F. (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

(...) Thanks, Jeff. You have given me an idea about using Johnny Thunder and his adventures at the Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree. We will see where this goes now... Keep building, Jim F. (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

(...) You got it right the first time. Since Lego has made few animals and animal type flags. I had to use the flags from the Knights line with the lion faces on them. So with that in mind, came the two cat statues that stand at the entrance. keep (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

(...) While not exactly the same, in a similar usage, Tony Hedglen had a fountain in his area in the MichLUG display at GATS in January. He actually raised the area it was on, so they could light up. Most of the kids and a number of the adults got a (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

(...) Thank you for bringing this one to my attention. Tony's fountain is really cool. I had thought about lighting mine, but since I didn't want to have it on a raised paltform, that idea got canned. Maybe next time... (...) It wasn't too much of a (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Temple of Shan-Ta-Ree

(...) Argh. lighting... canned... Argh. (22 years ago, 25-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.pun)