 Castle / 13725
  Re: Castle Room Walled Town Layout deadline approaching

(...) Jeff, You mentioned the base will be one brick above a baseplate. You also mentioned you planned on making cobblestone roads using mosaic plates. Did you plan on the total thickness of the road being 4 plates or 3? I'm about to head upstairs (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Room Walled Town Layout deadline approaching

(...) A little status report: I'm close to finished my first building, a street, and some dock. The first building houses a gambling house/pub in the basement and a sailmaker above. The gambling house has a secret passage which goes under the street (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Room Walled Town Layout deadline approaching

More status: Well, I stayed up way too late last night (I was up until about 3:30 AM). I still have another evening of work, but I now have three dock sections and the two roads between them. The structures include a warehouse (including a secret (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Room Walled Town Layout deadline approaching

(...) plots (...) Total road thickness is 3 plates. (...) Sounds good. Let me know soon whether you'll be wanting extra plots, though, as I have a backup plan for the unused dock sections. Jeff (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Room Walled Town Layout deadline approaching

(...) Sounds great! So you filled up all three 32x32 waterfront sections? Can't wait to see it. :) Jeff (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Room Walled Town Layout deadline approaching

(...) Hmmm, no chance of you covering the holes with furniture or crates or something? I would prefer if bricks with pins not used so we can make sure that everything will completely fit (pins will be supplied). If not, I suppose it will be okay (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Room Walled Town Layout deadline approaching

(...) If I have time, I'll go back and change them out. One thing I'm curious is how you plan to lay out the roads since the intersections would nominally require 8x8 baseplates. Of course you could use 8x32 baseplates by having the rows take care (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Room Walled Town Layout deadline approaching

Oh, one more question, what is the status of the walls? Are we going to be butting the walls up against the town, or will be put some buffer space in (might be a good idea so we don't have to worry about overhanging roofs hitting the walls or (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Room Walled Town Layout deadline approaching

If possible, my vote would be to have buffer space, as Frank suggests. I think it would look better. -Andy Lynch ----- Original Message ----- From: "Frank Filz" <ffilz@mindspring.com> To: <lugnet.castle@lugnet.com> Sent: Monday, July 15, 2002 11:42 (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Room Walled Town Layout deadline approaching

There will be, we just haven't quite figured out how much it will be. :) Jeff (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Room Walled Town Layout deadline approaching

(...) How about one street surrounding the whole town? I probably should give the specs on what the edges of my sections look like, it may be worthwhile building special wall sections to abut my section. I probably don't have time to build them, (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.castle)