 Castle / 13639
Re: Theme Mixing (advice wanted)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 00:10:01 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Nathan Todd writes:
   Hi all,

     I at the moment collect all themes (not in huge quantities: Castle,
Pirate, Aquazone, Cowboy, Space (minimul), and Town to list in my prefered
order. I have been wondering if I should chuck it all into Castle. The only
problem with this is the amount of stuff that doesn't fit. The collector in
me doesn't want to sell 1/2 of some sets. Also I know I'll miss some themes,
especially Pirate.
     What I need to know is has anyone been in this position? How many
relavet pieces do you get out of the other themes compared to the amount you
nulify? And is it really possible to collect more then one theme?

    Thanks for your insight and God Bless,

               Nathan

If you refer to building only castle but own multiple themes, then I can
help you. If not, I think you can collect as much as your disposable income
allows.

I personally build a lot of different themes: space, castle, ninja, Alpha
team, Adventurers, stuff for BrikWars games, and even 1920 gangsters
(personal theme)
And in building these various things, I find myself using pieces from all
kinds of sets. If you take a look at my brickshelf folders, you will see
that there are pieces from all kinds of themes in my MOCs:
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi

Here are some examples:

Diver Theme Harpoons as Architectural detail:
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=117734

Star Wars wings and pylons as sails on a ship:
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=193425

Castle Lance as a lamp post, Space thrusters as pier pylons:
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=193411

If this ISN'T what you meant, then please forgive my use of this space as
promotional opportunity. Can you blame me???