 Castle / 13622
Re: Theme Mixing (advice wanted)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2002 23:22:52 GMT

Nathan,

A lot depends on what your collecting goal is:

1.  If your goal is to collect the Theme because it is a good theme and you
like the sets, then there is no swapping or mixing of pieces at all.

2.  On the other hand, if your goal is only to collect a theme because it is
good for making MOCs, then you would not even keep your pieces segregated.

Personally, when I first started amassing Lego, I was able to collect both
space and castle.  I kept them separated because my goal was #1 above.

I collected them until I considered the themes to be not good enough to
collect.  In hindsight, these themes that caused me to stop collecting
(Space Police 2, because of the printed microphones, and Dragon Masters,
because they looked "too mean") are a lot better than most sets they have
now.

Lately, though, my goal has been leaning towards creating MOCs.  I feel
that, depending on the MOC, the posibilty exists to use any piece from any
theme.  But I am having the dillemma of whether to keep my Castle and Space
separated or to merge them for the possibility of better MOCs.  I have not
yet decided, and they remain separated.

I hope this helps!

David

"Nathan Todd" <njt@london.com> wrote in message
    Hi all,

      I at the moment collect all themes (not in huge quantities: Castle,
Pirate, Aquazone, Cowboy, Space (minimul), and Town to list in my prefered
order. I have been wondering if I should chuck it all into Castle. The • only
problem with this is the amount of stuff that doesn't fit. The collector • in
me doesn't want to sell 1/2 of some sets. Also I know I'll miss some • themes,
especially Pirate.
      What I need to know is has anyone been in this position? How many
relavet pieces do you get out of the other themes compared to the amount • you
nulify? And is it really possible to collect more then one theme?

     Thanks for your insight and God Bless,

                Nathan