 Castle / 13387
    Re: Village, etc —Anthony Sava
   (...) <Snippage> (...) Hey, thanks for the referral Leah! My Corincia is a bit small to be considered a village I'd think, but hey, whatever works :). I just wanted to point out directly the best lego town that I know of. It may not be inclusive or (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Village, etc —Kishin Wadhwani
      (...) as roofs?I might start building a village of my own soon. (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Village, etc —John Henry Kruer
      (...) There are many ways. Here: (URL) you look at the house near the bottom-left hand corner, you can see that the two 2-plate thick roof plates are linked at the top with some pairs of 1X2 plate hinges. Then, just before the roof ends, the lower (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

          Re: Village, etc —David Eaton
      (...) Although it does appear that hinges were used, the sad truth is they weren't! Back when my village was created, tan pieces were still pretty rare, so I looked into using plates rather than slopes to save on Tan (since tan plates were getting (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Village, etc —Adrian Drake
     (...) Here's how I did it for Kobayashi's troop barracks in my Isle of Mist story: (URL) can see here that the side walls are simply black sloped peaks, without any studs. (URL) you can see that each half of the roof is tied together with a couple (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Village, etc —Kishin Wadhwani
    I know this Question may sound stupid but how do you slant the plates to use as roofs?I might start building a village of my own soon. (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Village, etc —James Stacey
   there are a few ways to do it. There is a brick made for doing it (URL) has come with a few sets, but not enough to be useful. I tend to use a 1x2 hinge brick. (URL) + (URL) like here (URL) these have the added bonust that they allow some degree of (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Village, etc —Kishin Wadhwani
   (...) Thanks,another Question (I ask so many Questions because i am new to lego.)Were there like midevil buildings maybe 2,3 floors high(not castles) ?Has any body built any. Thanks again (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Village, etc —James Stacey
   (...) lego.)Were (...) There certainly were. A lot of houses would be 1 storey with sleeping room in the roof. Lots of other types of buildings had 2 stories, tanneries, inns, bakeries. Most people would not have houses of more than 2 stories unless (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Village, etc —Kishin Wadhwani
   Thank's for all the help James.I am going to get a start on my village with Gaurded Inn :-). (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)