 Castle / 13387
  Re: Village, etc

(...) <Snippage> (...) Hey, thanks for the referral Leah! My Corincia is a bit small to be considered a village I'd think, but hey, whatever works :). I just wanted to point out directly the best lego town that I know of. It may not be inclusive or (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Village, etc

(...) as roofs?I might start building a village of my own soon. (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Village, etc

I know this Question may sound stupid but how do you slant the plates to use as roofs?I might start building a village of my own soon. (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Village, etc

there are a few ways to do it. There is a brick made for doing it (URL) has come with a few sets, but not enough to be useful. I tend to use a 1x2 hinge brick. (URL) + (URL) like here (URL) these have the added bonust that they allow some degree of (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Village, etc

(...) Thanks,another Question (I ask so many Questions because i am new to lego.)Were there like midevil buildings maybe 2,3 floors high(not castles) ?Has any body built any. Thanks again (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Village, etc

(...) lego.)Were (...) There certainly were. A lot of houses would be 1 storey with sleeping room in the roof. Lots of other types of buildings had 2 stories, tanneries, inns, bakeries. Most people would not have houses of more than 2 stories unless (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Village, etc

(...) There are many ways. Here: (URL) you look at the house near the bottom-left hand corner, you can see that the two 2-plate thick roof plates are linked at the top with some pairs of 1X2 plate hinges. Then, just before the roof ends, the lower (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Village, etc

Thank's for all the help James.I am going to get a start on my village with Gaurded Inn :-). (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Village, etc

(...) Although it does appear that hinges were used, the sad truth is they weren't! Back when my village was created, tan pieces were still pretty rare, so I looked into using plates rather than slopes to save on Tan (since tan plates were getting (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Village, etc

(...) Here's how I did it for Kobayashi's troop barracks in my Isle of Mist story: (URL) can see here that the side walls are simply black sloped peaks, without any studs. (URL) you can see that each half of the roof is tied together with a couple (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jun-02, to lugnet.castle)