 Castle / 12952
12951  |  12953
Subject:
Geocities the Bandwidth Nazi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 23:01:24 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Steffan Davies writes:
You sure the URL is right, I keep getting a "site unavailable" message from
Yahoo/Goecities.

Steffan

http://www.geocities.com/savatheaggie/legohome.html

Yeah, the URL is correct.  Unfortunately, geocities, AKA the bandwidth nazi,
has decided that my website is too popular.  They limit the bandwidth on all
their service, but the severely limit their free service.

THEREFORE...

As of two days ago I have applied to have my site hosted by OzBricks.  If I do
get hosted by them, and after the site is moved, I will post to inform everyone
to change their links.  OzBricks is a wonderful service for us lego lovers,
they give a MUCH better deal than geocities ever will.  Can you tell I'm
sucking up?  :)

In the mean time all I can say is keep trying, eventually you'll get in.

--Anthony