 Castle / 12581
Re: Helms Deep
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 22:24:23 GMT

Thank you Bruce.  I did check out the Brothers Hildebrandt and Lee and
Howe's illustration when I was trying to come up with my design!  I really
loved Hildebrandts scene, but I think Lee's structure is more Hardy, do I
leaned that way when It came time for construction.  That sally port was a
little confusing, I dodn't know where it led to and where it would come out,
I think behind the tower,= maybe, so I left it out!  Thanks again, Jon

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Jon Furman writes:

A magnificent work from you, as always.  It seems very Hildebrandt in style,
though no specific illustration springs to mind.  I recall a sally port
somewhere off to the side of the Horburg's main gate near the cliff wall
that Eomer and Aragorn used to blindside the ram pounding in the gate.
Anyway, a great depiction of the battle on the Deeping Wall.

Bruce