 Castle / 12568
Re: Helms Deep
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 21:23:03 GMT

Thanks a bunch for the compliments, I've never played brickwars before (it
sounds interesting), so I'll take your word for it being a good place (as an
added bonus) The Head is from the troll that comes with the harry potter
set.thanks again.  Jon

In lugnet.castle, Jason Spears writes:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Jon Furman writes:
Hey all, here is another of my interpretations of a classic Tolkien
location.  There are photos of the structure itself, and a small recreation
of the Hornburg Battle.
As with most Epic Literary Interpretations, scale has been sacrificed for
detail and a limited supply of bricks.  I did my best to stick with the
"Feel" of Tolkien's work and give the tower an otherworldly feel.  Not
included in the location's fortifications is the Dike which runs parallel to
the wall.  Since the dike would be over a quarter of a mile in distance from
the wall, it was not included for the sake of keeping the model on my work
table.  I'm mentioning this because I've realized from numerous E-mails
about Bag End that many Tolkien fans are quite biblical in their quest for
"accuracy".  As a disclaimer, any change from the book generally has to do
with a limited number of bricks and the subjective nature of imagination.  I
of course enjoy any discourse on the works of Tolkien, and as always I
welcome any and all feedback. I hope you enjoy!

WOW!  Very cool. I think you captured that "otherworldly feel" quite well. I
really like the slanted stairs. Playing BrikWars on this setup could be a ton
of fun. About the battle: Very neat.  There is a sense of urgency about it.
Like the evil hoard will break over the wall any minute. In this picture:
Where is the middle head from?  Almost the definition of evil.

<snip>

Jon Furman
Lugnet #1123

-Jason