 Castle / 12570 (+20)
  Rodria Update

Rodria has another update. I opened a tour of my "Rodria Manor" which I think is kinda kewl. Tell me what u think. (URL) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle)

  Read Across America Month

It is read across America month and for reading class tommorow I have to bring in reading material. I am bringing in Fall From Grace the 16th chapter in Anthoys story. I took the Time to take out all the pictures because the teacher wont let me (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  brickshop open...minifigs, weapons, horses, baseplates and more

Greetings all, I have just recently opened a store front at bricklink.com called "All Things Lego" and I'm trying to figure out where the appropriate postings for this kind of thing are supposed to go. I haven't been on the newsgroups for quite some (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: brickshop open...minifigs, weapons, horses, baseplates and more

Hi Jim! First off, welcome back to LUGNET. :-) (...) Thanks for asking. :-) The best place for posting announcements of brick stores are in lugnet.market.brickshops, which seems natural enough. ;-) HTH, -Shiri (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  "My Own Castle 'Lions Den'" First Floor Complete

I got down to "work" and worked some more on my castle project. I finished up the back wall, and worked on the floor of the "keep". I will more than likely post some additional teaser pics, later today or by the end of the weekend. I won't announce (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Helms Deep

Man, awesome! Beautiful! Is there any interior to speak of? Your LotR MOCs are so great, they make me want to try to read the books again (I've tried twice and never got past the council of Elrond). The battle scene looks terrific! Magnus (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Helms Deep

(...) Thanks, George (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Helms Deep

Thank you Magnus, The interiors are unfurnished because I couldn't really do anything really creative with such small rooms. I generally furnish, but in this case I didn't. I appreciate your feedback, thanks! Jon PS Just start reading after the (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Helms Deep

Thanks Richard! I appreciate your compliments. The only thing I do for pictures lighting wise is try to flood the area with a 100 watt incandescent (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Helms Deep

Thak you George, it's always nice to recieve positive feedback! Jon (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Helms Deep

(...) though no specific illustration springs to mind. I recall a sally port somewhere off to the side of the Horburg's main gate near the cliff wall that Eomer and Aragorn used to blindside the ram pounding in the gate. Anyway, a great depiction of (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Helms Deep

Thank you Bruce. I did check out the Brothers Hildebrandt and Lee and Howe's illustration when I was trying to come up with my design! I really loved Hildebrandts scene, but I think Lee's structure is more Hardy, do I leaned that way when It came (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Helms Deep

(...) As I recall, sally port you are referring to was a small door in the wall that opened up facing into a small crease between the wall and the mountain behind, at an angle where it would be impossible for attackers to get a direct run at the (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Helms Deep

(...) Half a dozen Alan Lee books, but none with any depiction of Helm's Deep. Sigh. But then again, it becomes an excuse to expand my collection. :-) Generally, I like Lee's structures: they have a greater air of reality to them, and his limited (...) (23 years ago, 13-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Helms Deep

Totally agree with you on this one.... I think that I'll put up a shot of Gimli Blocking up that Culvert! Hildebrandts more "Fairy Tale" Style does lend a lot of Whimsy that I appreciate. Jon (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  WANTED : Custom Color Capes

Hello. I was wondering whether if anyone made custom color lego cloth capes. I need about 10 Red, 10 Yellow, 10 Green, and 10 Blue. If you make them please email me. I would like to purchase them from you. Jay aokaisui_chan@yahoo.com (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter)

  Re: Helms Deep

you know I thought I had a lot of Burps, until I tried to build Helms Deep! I'm completely out of them, so Maybe I'll put a backdrop up! I wanted it to be nighttime in the photos, I'm looking on ways of photoshopping them! Thanks Aaron. Jon My only (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle)

  the Kirotai and the Madsgahartaa

the Machines of God- the demon Kirotai: (URL) angel Madsgahartaa: (URL) (the Rascal King) (URL) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: WANTED : Custom Color Capes

I found an easy way to do this and you don't have to pay anyone else. now they aren't quite the quality of the official lego capes but they are kinda close and they are so cheap to make that it doesn't matter. buy a pack of construction paper, (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.harrypotter)

  My site is back from the dead!

Some of you may have noticed that my site has been down for a couple of days. My web provider lost my entire site along with all the related goodies (mail accounts, server settings). I've restored all the website data, but from the "working" copy. (...) (23 years ago, 14-Mar-02, to lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact