 Castle / 11962
Re: Help please I realy need help from all of you... no realy I am begging
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 01:57:16 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Daniel Ravenda writes:
Ahhhhhhh!!! I am in a jam. I have come into cash and can't decide how to
spend. I could get game cube with Super Smash Bros Melee get some Indian
models for elves or get a use element skate board for 40 bucks. I don't know
if you guys know skate boards but element is cool it's my favorite plus I
need a board. So help me. I need a board Elves ar cool and game cube rocks.
Help and I would have to sell my Playstation and a chuck of the games for
enough money. Than god for PS2

First, Daniel.

1) You are posting in the wrong newsgroup, even though your message is about
aquiring lego for your castle work...a more appropriate newsgroup is
lugnet.market.theory.

2) I wouldn't say getting $40 is getting into a jam.  I think that, (reminding
myself of yesteryear), getting that kind of money is pretty good.
I know from my experience, is I usually have a list of items like you have.
And tend to prioritize what I want, and get what I can get from my list.
I tend to have some inexpensive items, and some expensive items, and most
of the time the expensive ones are at the top.  So I have to make do with
some cheaper or mid-range items.

3) Now...if you are honestly seeking my opinion, then here it is:

(but I must warn you that it is somewhat biased in that I call myself
a lego-enthusiast, but to most of my immediate family and to the casual
observer, they might consider me a lego-freak).....I would "invest"
in some more "indian" models for your castle stuff.... :)

plus, even though a skateboard is "in" at the moment, it will eventually
die off.  It was "cool" in the mid to late 80's and it has made its
return.  A game system like Gamecube is bound to become obsolete.
If you are wise, wait a bit longer, and watch PS2 go down.  I am sure
that PS3 is in the works, and you can be sure that PS2 won't last long
at its current price.

Bottom line:

stick with Lego....either save it for future sets, and watch your money
slowly disappear....or spend it now.  BUY LEGO!!!

Just my opinion.

Play Well,

Benjamin Medinets