 Castle / 11450
    Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry —Jon Furman
   For those of you who are interested, I have added the pictures of my ISCC entry to by brickshelf page. The contest asks for only 10 photos so I put the other 20 or so up here. (URL) of the buildings are Facades, but they are unfurnished. the Town is (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle) !!

        Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry —Magnus Lauglo
     Very impresive Jon! The castle walls do look great with the chunks missing, and you have mixed the grey and dark grey to great effect. Also the tourquoise castle parts from the Hoggwarts Castle look much better on a grey castle than I expected. I (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry —Jon Furman
     Thank you magnus, I always appreciate the comments especially from you, I love your work and always get excited to see your creations! I'm afraid that the town is indeed in great danger of having it's roofs burned or crushed, next time, I'll make (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry —Pawel Nazarewicz
     (...) topic! I'm just flabergasted by the details - I won't even attempt to get into it here :) Good luck to you - the castle catergory seems like a very tight one. -- Pawel (22 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry —Larry Pieniazek
      (...) Roger that, I was gawking at it on Brickshelf earlier today but didn't want to post about it till Jon did. (...) Trains ain't exactly a pushover, it's got a lot of good entries but I am SO GLAD not to be a castle judge! It would be an (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.contests)

         Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry —Jon Furman
     Thanks Pawel, I love your castles, you da man! Jon (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry —James Stacey
     Thats a fantastic looking creation. Full of detail and life. Hats off to you -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado "Jon Furman" <rambocalrissian@yahoo.com> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry —Jon Furman
     James, I remember you asking if anyone had any minifig themed displays a couple of weeks ago, and I was hoping to finish this in time for the ISCC, so I was sweating it out! I've really enjoyed your site and often go there for inspiration! Love your (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

     Thanks Jon, it looks a bit meager now compared to most of the others tho :) James "jon furman" <rambocalrissian@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GpFn1n.B62@lugnet.com... (...) of (...) ISCC (...) put (...) is (...) you (...) the (...) aren't (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry —Jon Furman
     James, it's not always what you put in that is remembered, often times it's what you don't put in. My mother always said that a gentleman is a man who can play the banjo, but chooses not to. I think your display has an openess to it. It makes the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry —Aaron J. Muhl
     (...) Looks great, I've always wondered what a castle wall would look like with the dark grey mixed with the light grey. Did you decide to skip the preformed walls based on the look you wanted? Also, this has been bugging me for a while. Where did (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry —Jon Furman
     Aaron, Thanks for the compliments. I decided to go with the bricks because I have always used the prefab walls in the past, and I was kind of feeling like my work was getting stale, I just started building and threw in some dark grey for effect, I (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry —George Haberberger
     (...) Jon, Wow, great MOC! Two walled cities in one day, I think that almost doubles the walled cities MOCs I've seen. I like the detail of the halftimbered Tudors, and it certainly looks like a fun celebration. Thanks, George (22 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry —Jon Furman
     George, Thanks for your kind words. You certainly are correct, about the walled city thing, I think until the other day, I'd only seen 1 or 2 as well! I appreciate your compliments and l'm looking forward to seeing your stuff as well. Jon (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry —Stephen Buechi
     Jon, Great scene! You've really made it come to life. I can almost hear the people talking, shouting & laughing, merchants hawking their wares, etc. Steve (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry —Jon Furman
     Thank you, I checked out the great desert, It's cool. You've got a great world going on there. I especially liked the Isle of mist. Jon (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry —Andy Lynch
     Beautiful work, Jon. Love the crowded feeling that you have given the town. The outer walls having the "nicked and pocked" as you call it is also great. I have a hard time building that type of randomness with good results. Too many details to (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry —Jon Furman
     Thanks Andy, I'd love to see your tudor houses, I'm trying to refine mine, and I'm always looking for Ideas> Jon (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry —Wilson Raska
   Wow Jon, I can't really say anything that everyone else hasn't said already, but that's an amazing castle. Personally, I LOVE the grey/dark grey combination, and the green landscaping outside is just awesome! The modular wall effect you worked into (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Festival of the guilds, ISCC Entry —Jon Furman
   Wilson, Thanks a bunch. It seemed like a risk while I ws building, but I'm pretty pleased with the two tone walls. The modular wall sections were put in so I could arrange the minifigs and photograph the the courtyard. Thanks again. Jon (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle)