 Castle / 11310 (+20)
  Re: Chapter two of my Unnamed chronicles up

(...) As long as it didn't cross the line, I'm cool with it :) (...) I realized that as I was doing this. Lots and lots of text. But as you said, I was already getting a LOT of images. Some of the interplay would be lost if the text was spread out (...) (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle.org, lugnet.castle)

  Re: c1970 castle

"James Stacey" <james@minifig.co.uk> wrote in message news:GoHJoI.95t@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) OK, I have reinstated a page I used to have on my home page back in 1998: (URL) shows all four known Weetabix sets, none of which had set numbers, (...) (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: c1970 castle

(...) Interesting... I started hunting to try and pin down a year a little better, but to little avail. Some clues: The logo - Doesn't pin a date down very usefully. 1972 or earlier, as it looks like the logo was changed in '73. The windows - (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Building

(...) I love the turret :) What really made me post though was Sea Spray Fortress :) I love the design, it's something that uses alot of Castle Wall pieces yet somehow looks GOOD! Is there an interior to the fortress, and if so, can you put up shots (...) (23 years ago, 17-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: c1970 castle

About that red horse: it's got legs for a snout! I like these sets. That blue roof has character, and it doesn't even use all the rare pieces the others have. (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: c1970 castle

Wow Thanks Huw. I must have made those 3 town sets a hundred times when I was small, but had forgotten all about them till now! -- James Stacey ---...--- www.minifig.co.uk #925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado "Huw Millington" (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Fort Legorado

Seeing Brad post up about the rerelease of Fort Legorado, this is going to allow me to have a go at something I've wanted to do for quite some time (bit never had the brown) and do a Motte and Bailiey style Has anyone already had a bash at one of (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Building

(...) It took me 5 months to collect enough gray brick to complete this castle. It is over 3 feet long on each side! The image of the castle was always in my mind and it came out just the way I wanted, but again, I had to wait 5 MONTHS! That's when (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Fort Legorado

(...) I was thinking along the same lines as you, when I first saw the Fort Legoredo set. Unfortunately, I only got one such set when it was available, and chose instead to use the brown elements to start building a castle village. I never finished (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Finally! 3 new buildings from the Realm of Velaria!

(...) Well, I personally use a digital camera - it's a Sony Mavica with manual focus, which is absolutely perfect for lego pictures. I tend to take them a few times before they come out exactly right... I've got shaky hands so I will often try to (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.publish)

  Re: Fort Legorado

Yes, I remember studying Motte and Baileys at school, many, many years ago. It should be an interesting project for you. I will be interested in how you do the circular fortified walls usings brown log pieces. Richard. "James Stacey" (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Fort Legorado

(...) Does a Motte and Bailey have to be round? It's been a while since I read all those history texts of that era, but I thought such a thing is any wooden fort built on a hill, where the hill is most often man-made from earth moved from the (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Caerany update

After some building and photographing, I'm pleased to announce an update to my site. (URL) More News (story), including two battles! (relatively small) the plot thickens! * News Pictures of Coplton Marketplace with Rikly's Blacksmith shop and the NA (...) (23 years ago, 18-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Fort Legorado

(...) They were typically round, but the "keep" on the center of the hill is often square. The perimeter wall is often round. If anybody can prove me wrong, say so! (...) Rob robo2705@hotmail.com (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  NEW PICS... from Andrastavia...!!!!

Hiya... Just thought I'd share some pics from my new chapter which is comming soon... (URL) ya like it.... the pics are from my teaser poster on brickshelf I posted a few days ago...!!! (URL) ) www.ozbricks.com/andrastavia andrastavia@ozbricks.com (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Motte-and-Bailey Castles (Was: Fort Legorado)

(...) Here are some links to images of hstoric motte-and-bailey castles: (URL) looking at these it seems that the walls weren't necessarily round, but sometimes were straight with rounded corners. Though there are doubtless countless more examples (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: NEW PICS... from Andrastavia...!!!!

(...) Like it? I LOVE it! Those are fantastic! I'm working on my own castle-based kingdom now, but your stuff puts me to shame... Oh well, back to the drawing board... ;) I cannot wait to see more. Please?!? Henry (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: NEW PICS... from Andrastavia...!!!!

(...) in the making, and I'm glad it's almost here. -- Pawel (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Caerany update

(...) [SNIP] (...) Lenny, Nice job! I like your storyline, it has a lot of potential for conflicts (which I like): intrigue, territorial disputes, a heavy-handed occupying government, freedom fighters, etc. I like the two battles, too. I like how (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Caerany update

Lenny, Nice work here. As I think I've said before, I like your cities. They are tiny but give a great feeling of a bustling, busy place where people are living their lives. Your storyline is also well done. I like the news clip feeling that it has. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact