 Castle / 11154
  Re: Whoops! (Castle Walls)

(...) That's actually a good solution, but I don't have enough black slopes to make it work large scale on my castle. I had to settle for using double-slopes: (URL) am pretty sold on modularity for building castles - I think I will put a FAQ about (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Whoops! (Castle Walls)

Nice Pawel, the pics remind me of the sheer size and bulk of your walls. Have you thought of creating machicolations (the hold to drop stuff on people at the base of the walls) in your battlements, since they stick out from the edge of the wall? (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Whoops! (Castle Walls)

(...) Hmmm ... I haven't given that much thought yet. It's a good idea, but a little too late to implement on this castle. BTW - check out this site as a great reference guide: (URL) Pawel (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Whoops! (Castle Walls)

(...) Although this was in response to Pawel, it reminded me: I had forgotten to put the putlog holes in the walls! For a while, I considered adding machicolations but then I decided that if battle threatened the Citadel I would just add hoardings (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Whoops! (Castle Walls)

(...) Well, the hoardings are done. They can be seen here: (URL) stupid cleric stood where he could get hit by the archers... Hmm... Bad idea. Some notes about the hoardings: They were wooden platforms built like I have them in the picture, and (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Whoops! (Castle Walls)

(...) about to ask if anyone had done them. I think we must think very alike! I was toying around with some hoarding designs over the weekend, trying to come up with a nice looking design. I think the main problem is that the hoardings themselves (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Whoops! (Castle Walls)

I've also encountered this problem a number of times . You stick a hording on one side and the entire thing looks wonky. I think they really need to be butted into a corner to work, and seeing as most of my castles end up being square, there is (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Whoops! (Castle Walls)

(...) Sounds cool! I put the mpd file for the Citadel up on my Brickshelf thing if anybody wants to download it. "Magnus Lauglo" <thunder_road@hotmail.com> wrote in message (...) Aye, I liked how they looked too. Post pictures when you have the (...) (23 years ago, 11-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)