 Castle / 11110 (+20)
  Re: MOC: Wizard's Tower

(...) Thanks Jason. The Sword in the Stone was definitely an influence on this one; I thought of what Merlin's hut would be like on a much grander scale. -Chris (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wizard's Tower

(...) Thanks for the comments. Like I said earlier, I was trying to do something a little different. And I'm really glad everyone likes my trees; it seems the only person who isn't satisfied with them is me. :-) (...) YES, they are, but if you can (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Small Medieval City Building

Andy, these are great. I've been looking for awhile now for a way to do a large number of buildings with a small number of bricks, and it looks like you've nailed it with these facades. I can just see our hero and his sidekick, striding down the (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Wizard's Tower

(...) Even though you've told me about this tower last week, this is so much better than I thought! Every picture in that folder is worth a thousand words. First off, the tree and the general exterior are very aesthetically pleasing. The battlements (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My site - Lego Lord of the Rings etc

(...) Yeah, though I was disappointed to see that they don't bend. I might get the Harry Potter Gringotts set instead if the troll heads look right for Gollum. Bruce (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Wizard's Tower

I normally stay pretty quiet, but I had to say something about your cool tower. (...) The photos turned out pretty good. Especially considering that with a film camera it's impossible to tell how they will turn out until it's too late. (...) The (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Prepare for battle! Where are your armies?

Hey, Castleheads! Now, in times where you can siege and maybe win a MISB (!) 6086, where are your armies? I'm wondering why there are no Castle entries for the ISCC ((URL) until now. Are your soldiers sleeping or playing cards all day long? I would (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Prepare for battle! Where are your armies?

Yeah guys, why aren't you submitting things? I'm one of the jury members, so you can start sucking up right now..... (just kiddin!!) Anyhow, get to work fellas, I'm looking forward to see what you have up your sleeves! Like René said, get to work (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Question on IOM Mist

Hi Mark! (...) Welp, basically any kind of machine would not function inside the Mist. Even simple physics-based machines: gears might pop out of place, big rubber bands could snap, the pressure of steam would not be effective against the pressure (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw)

  Re: MOC: Wizard's Tower

wow! chris that rules! Rare it is for me (a space-mechy-WWII-plane-tank head) to be inspired so by a castle creation, but this is awesome, There is so much detail all over! That tree is too cool, that's probably why I like it so much, sheesh, this (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Wizard's Tower

Great work Chris! I like the way you've made it look very solid and almost castle-like but also clearly from the architecture, this is someone's home as opposed to a military fortess. The crenelations look appropriately "outlandic", as if they were (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Wizard's Tower

(...) Thanks Cale. The tree definitely sets it off, I think. (...) Again, thanks. (...) Man's got a point. :-) But they don't know a thing about butlerin'. -Chris (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Wizard's Tower

(...) Thanks Magnus. Yeah, I wanted a sturdy, well-built, solid look, but I didn't want to go too far and give it a fortress-y look. (...) Now that I think about it, they do kind of resemble some mideast castles I've seen; must've been my (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: MOC: Wizard's Tower

(...) Thanks Geordan. Glad you liked it. A good change of pace from military vehicles and mecha, eh? :-) -Chris (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Prepare for battle! Where are your armies?

(...) Well, to be honest, the main reason I haven't is because the contest wants "original works" and not something that exists elsewhere. :/ All of my time right now is going into specific projects (IoM and Davinskeep), and there's no point in (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Whoops!

Greetings, all. I just thought I would share a rather funny picture of my under-construction Citadel. I was building the "Central Citadel", the tower that would go in the center, and I neglected to measure to see how big it should be. Thus, the (...) (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Take a look at my Forestmen HideOut !

Some teaser pics of what will be coming sometime next year :) Please take a look, and let me know what you think. The URL is: (URL) ! Lex (23 years ago, 9-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Take a look at my Forestmen HideOut !

it took me a second as to what it was you were showing us, but then i realized.. its the diarama, backround stuff.. right? anyways, i think that is way cool.. i love diarama/backround stuff, especially when they incorporate rivers and especially (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Light'Ader

Here is my new MOC - a lighthouse that will be connected to the castle town of Blut'Ader. I wanted to create something small that wouldn't steal the thunder away from the city, yet fairly realistic. (URL) also included a little link section for (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build) !!

  Re: Whoops!

the castle is just way cool.. i can't imagine spending that much time in front of a cpu. some questions: could you get a close up of it so we could see some detail? i can tell you;ve put some in, i can't make it out though. will the citadel be (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact