 Castle / 11118
Re: Question on IOM Mist
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 10:51:44 GMT

Hi Mark!

In lugnet.castle, Mark Chittenden writes:
The mist of the Isle of Mist properties have been listed as being
disruptive or preventative to magic working - and the workings of
machines. Magic I am not concerned with (the logic of the Mist
preventing Magic is plausible) - but preventing machines from
working? Would simply physics based (i.e: gravity, level, force
applied through gears/muscles/steam?) work? Or does the Mist
prevent machines that depends on chemical reactions or electrical
energy to operate?

Welp, basically any kind of machine would not function inside the Mist. Even
simple physics-based machines: gears might pop out of place, big rubber
bands could snap, the pressure of steam would not be effective against the
pressure of the mist, etcetera... basically any kind of machinery could
break down without notice. The closer you are to the mist, the more chances
of things breaking down!

Hmmm, sounds like time to outfit a LEGO longboat and head over
and see if a trebuchet will still work or not...

Hehehe. Yeah, you should go do that!

-Shiri
XFUT .castle.org.cw... wouldn't wanna bug any castleheads!