 Castle / 11103
  Small Medieval City Building

Hello everyone... I have put a couple of simple renders of a small medieval house that I built a few weeks ago. It is the front half of a two story wattle and daub, timbered type structure (I can't remember what the type of building is really called (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Small Medieval City Building

(...) Simple yet elegant. Great designs! The Bird looks as big as a condor though... BTW, you might want to reduce the image size before posting images like that in the future, you're screwing folks with 600x800 screens from seeing the buildings all (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Small Medieval City Building

----- Original Message ----- From: "richard marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> To: <lugnet.castle@lugnet.com> Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2001 7:53 AM Subject: Re: Small Medieval City Building (...) though... Thanks Richard. :-) I always think of the (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Small Medieval City Building

Andy, those are great. A small scale, that would be perfect for a middle village sprawled around a large keep. I really like the use of the 1x2 tile with one stud, for the columns between the windows. -Jason +---...---+ (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Small Medieval City Building

(...) street and at this scale and number of pieces, you can populate quite a street with it. I usually build in such large scale that I tend not to have a lot of buildings. But I am working my way towards finding inspiration for an Euro castle and (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Small Medieval City Building

Andy, these are great. I've been looking for awhile now for a way to do a large number of buildings with a small number of bricks, and it looks like you've nailed it with these facades. I can just see our hero and his sidekick, striding down the (...) (23 years ago, 8-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Small Medieval City Building

(...) Thanks Jason, I was particularly pleased with the results I got with those 1x2's with one stud. They gave the upstairs a bit on uniqueness. :-) -Andy Lynch (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Small Medieval City Building

(...) Thanks KK. :-) Total number of pieces: 203, not including the baseplate. That's just for the front half that you can see. I am currently planning to work on several variations of this design to create a whole street. Building time has been (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Small Medieval City Building

(...) Thanks Chris, Yeah, I'd love to have a full street of houses in this scale... I ran a search on Google using their image seach and found some pictures of different medieval towns and I have been referring to them frequently while building. (...) (23 years ago, 10-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Small Medieval City Building

(...) For being mere facades, these are great. For something so small, you've put a lot of detail into it, I expecially love the 3D detail, the arch above the door frame, the columns around the windows. Very cool. I can just see a city filled with (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Small Medieval City Building

(...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Small Medieval City Building

Sorry for the double post. Rendered Instructions and DAT file now available, if anyone is interested. (URL) sure that I made FAR too many steps, but I figure using BrickShelf, people can just skip to what they want to see anyway. Thanks to Jeff Boen (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch)

  Re: Small Medieval City Building

----- Original Message ----- From: "Anthony Sava" <savatheaggie@yahoo.com> (...) you've put a (...) the door (...) city (...) them out (...) house effect, (...) Thanks Anthony, Actually, through the magic of virtual Lego (using MLCad in particular) (...) (23 years ago, 13-Dec-01, to lugnet.castle)