 Castle / 11035
Re: Ogre
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 1 Dec 2001 05:50:20 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.castle, Marc Nelson, Jr. writes:

Really impressive.

Very few things make me want to build them upon seeing them, but your latest
has joined the short list. And I hate those droid thingies so much, I never
would have picked up the elements to start playing with them in the first
place -- so taking something from that category to one where I might
actually play with them is a huge leap!

What is at the heart of his chest that he has studs on all sides?  I
wouldn't mind seeing an internal picture of the chest at all.

--Hop-Frog

Wow! I'm glad so many people like the ogre. I'd be honored to see it in
someone's CW story, or better yet, squashing minifigs in a game of BrikWars.

I put up a picture of the ogre's interior:

As you can see, it's just two of the 1x1 bricks with studs all around, that
have been pointed in opposite directions and joined with 1x3 plates.

I also used to think the battle droids were pretty worthless. I was actually
opening up a Naboo Swamp so I could put the droids together and put them on
Brickbay. I just happened to put two of the pieces together and notice, "Hey
- that looks like an arm!"

Thanks for your attention and the kind words!

-Marc Nelson Jr.