 Castle / *22422 (-20)
  Re: Poe story for Halloween: Cask of Amontillado

(...) Good heavens, I'm glad you kept it! Poe's trowel is a quintessential element of foreshadowing in early American short-fiction. To omit it would be to lose an important artifact of Poe's work. Additionally, I like the creative way you overcame (...) (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: Poe story for Halloween: Cask of Amontillado

(...) Thanks. The wine rack was inspired by one by Anthony Sava and other people's variations, as described in (URL) this thread from classic-castle> Bruce (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Poe story for Halloween: Cask of Amontillado

(...) Thanks! You've seen my rendition of (URL) The Raven> from last Halloween, right? I expect that you'll see another Poe story from me next Halloween. I've thought about ways to do both Tell-Tale Heart and The Pit and the Pendulum. Bruce (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Poe story for Halloween: Cask of Amontillado

(...) Thanks. I'm so glad that trowel makes sense. I had no idea what I was going to use for that and almost just replaced "trowel" with "hammer and chisel" to use a hammer and a screwdriver, but I was looking for odd elements and came across the (...) (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Dracula Study

Just another quick MOC: (URL) Drac's on his chair with Bat-chandelier above. A chalice (of blood?) within arms reach. Nelson (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, FTX) !

  Re: Armor!

(...) Despite the fact that I vowed that Barbie Blue (a derisive term that I have single-mindedly championed) armor would not last in my house, it in fact, has. Mostly because I have only one example. I have lots of the green guy now and I've been (...) (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  MOC: Mayan-style pyramid/temple

Hey all, Here's something which had been disassembled more than a year ago and I'm just now getting around to posting the few pictures I took. Nothing fancy since I did it in a day, but Mr. Goldman will appreciate the last picture! Sorry there's no (...) (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: Poe story for Halloween: Cask of Amontillado

Hi, Bruce. Nice story. Kind of twsited. I very much like the design across the top of the building in the first photo, alternating black 1x1 plates turned diagonally with technic holes. And the sword tucked under the arm works well--I haven't seen (...) (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Poe story for Halloween: Cask of Amontillado

(...) Very well executed! Love the little details, especially the crooked shelves Dave K (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Poe story for Halloween: Cask of Amontillado

(...) Very nice Lego adaptation of the tale. I've always liked Poe's stories and your rendition was very well done. Hope you do more of his stories! John (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Poe story for Halloween: Cask of Amontillado

(...) Great Poe story + exquisite building = wonderful Halloween tale! The lighting you used for the pictures in the catacombs is very effective. I like the trowel too. David "Fuzzy" Gregory (20 years ago, 26-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, FTX)

  my MOC page is up and running!

I finally got my first three castle projects up on MOCpages, and would like to share them with you. (URL) let me know what you think! Laura (20 years ago, 25-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.loc.us.tx)

  Poe story for Halloween: Cask of Amontillado

For your spooky reading pleasure, I present the Cask of Amontillado by Edgar Allen Poe "The thousand injuries of Fortunato I had borne as I best could; but when he ventured upon insult, I vowed revenge . . ." (URL) See (URL) Brick Tales> for the (...) (20 years ago, 25-Oct-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Brick or Treat at LL CA

I went to the park yesterday and brought my 2yo son Zachary as well. We met up with Aaron Sneary and his wife. We had a nice time walking thrue miniland, with Aaron pointing out some of the holiday additions. And then stopped by the tent sale, open (...) (20 years ago, 25-Oct-04, to lugnet.legoland.california, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Armor!

(...) Purple and green work pretty well too, if you have matching capes. Light blue needs a re-paints though. :-) -Elroy (20 years ago, 25-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: Armor!

(...) !My sentiments exactly...it's crazy how a simple dry-brushing of metallic silver over a black undercoat can create such dramatic realism... I pray...seriously pray that Bruce shows more of this type of conversion... Especially with the (...) (20 years ago, 25-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: Armor!

(...) !WoW, Elroy, that really works well!!! But then, i guess that the black and red pieces are the only really ones with potential...all the others are just screaming re-paint! ~Thanks for showing, --==Richard==-- (20 years ago, 25-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: Armor!

"Richard Noeckel" <shroud_of_kung_fu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:I62rqq.xw4@lugnet.com... (...) LOTR, which I'm sure would sell with kids as well as adults! Dave (20 years ago, 24-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.minifigs)

  Re: Tiki altar

Yeah, I know. I took the pictures more to remember it than to show it off. Thanks for taking the time to respond! Dave "Keith Goldman" <legomankeith@aol.com> wrote in message news:I63r01.17Dv@lugnet.com... (...) virgin (...) (20 years ago, 24-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Tiki altar

David, this is the first moc of yours that I really enjoyed. It is very well thought out, with a nice variety of parts. Although you really choked....you should have waited to photograph the scene with the islanders offering a virgin sacrifice. (...) (20 years ago, 24-Oct-04, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact