 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 932
    POVray orthographic optimization —Michael Horvath
   Hi, I'm trying to render an orthographic image that looks nice using POVray. I've followed Bram L.'s recommendations. They are: 1) Uncomment the "orthographic" keyword in the camera {} block. This will get rid of the perspective in the images (...) (23 years ago, 12-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        RE: POVray orthographic optimization —Bram Lambrecht
   (...) Hey, cool, my untested suggestion actually works :) (...) Is the halo on the floor? Solution 1: Get rid of the floor. Solution 2: Add more lights (an area light for example) to light more of the floor, and maybe add a light colored fog to make (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: POVray orthographic optimization —Michael Horvath
    (...) No, the halo is everywhere - on all objects, the floor, etc. It's not horridly grotesque. It just looks a little like a water stain - like someone spilt water on a piece of paper. (...) Well, this won't really solve the problem, though it may (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        RE: POVray orthographic optimization —Bram Lambrecht
   (...) Hmm, maybe your lights are too close to the model? Move them further away, and brighten them if necessary. If that doesn't help, try posting your code for the lights, camera, etc, and a sample output image, and I'll see if I can figure out (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)

        Re: POVray orthographic optimization —Michael Horvath
   I'm having trouble running L3P at the moment. I'm running Win98. I've created an autoexec.bat file that include set LDRAWDIR statements. However, something's gone haywire, and those init strings aren't being carried over to L3P. As soon as I get (...) (23 years ago, 13-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.ray)