 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 945
Re: POVray orthographic optimization
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 20:54:56 GMT

I'm having trouble running L3P at the moment.  I'm running Win98.  I've
created an autoexec.bat file that include set LDRAWDIR statements.  However,
something's gone haywire, and those init strings aren't being carried over
to L3P.  As soon as I get this worked out I'll run some models through
POVray to show you what problems I'm facing.  Right now it's a pain to
always type in the autoexec.bat environment variables from the command line,
when I'd rather be using L3PAO.

In lugnet.cad.ray, Bram Lambrecht writes:
Michael Horvath writes:
No, the halo is everywhere - on all objects, the floor, etc.  It's not
horridly grotesque.  It just looks a little like a water stain - like
someone spilt water on a piece of paper.

Hmm, maybe your lights are too close to the model?  Move them further away,
and brighten them if necessary.  If that doesn't help, try posting your code
for the lights, camera, etc, and a sample output image, and I'll see if I
can figure out what's wrong.
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu