 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 939
RE: POVray orthographic optimization
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 03:31:41 GMT

Mike Horvath writes:
I've followed Bram L.'s recommendations.

Hey, cool, my untested suggestion actually works :)

Ok, it doesn't look bad.  But, the light leaves halos around my objects.
This is due to fade_distance and power.

Is the halo on the floor?  Solution 1: Get rid of the floor.  Solution 2:
Add more lights (an area light for example) to light more of the floor, and
maybe add a light colored fog to make the dark areas fade away.
Does that help?
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu