 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 333
Re: New to digital LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 7 May 2000 22:36:46 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Bram Lambrecht writes:
In lugnet.cad.ray, Christopher L. Weeks writes:
Hi folks,

I've just picked up the challenge of using Ldraw, L3P, and POV-ray.  At
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=431 you can see my first crack
results.

From the thumbnails, your pics look pretty nice.

Thanks.

However, I don't have the patience to download 3+ Mb bitmap files.
Please consider saving your renderings as JPG files, and compress
them to 150 Kb or less.

Doh!  Uh, yeah...I guess with a fast net connection, I wasn't thinking.  I
figured out how to get POV-Ray to output a .png which is much smaller, but I
don't seem to find any docs for producing jpegs.  Do I need to use some
converter, or is there a POV feature that I've missed?

Anyway, the .pngs are up at the same location now.

Chris