 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 325
Re: New to digital LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 21:58:26 GMT

Christopher Weeks wrote:
Also, I'm trying to rotate them around the y axis and it just doesn't work.  Is
there something weird about what Ldraw and L3P do with axes?  I'm not really
getting it.  I have to flip the skimmer 180 to put it right-side up.  Then when
I try to rotate them, to tip them down one of the far-off hilsides, I just
can't do it.  It'll rotate around the other two axes, but I'm not sure I
understand when and why.  The instructions and help for POV make it seem easy,
but it's not working the way they say it should.

If you're in LEdit:  One thing you need to figure out is where your center of
rotation is.  By default, it's on <0,0,0>, but you can move it around.
Personally, I keep a fake part line (e.g. 0.DAT) and move that around to help
setting the center of rotation.

If you're not in LEdit:  Which modelling too are you using?  MLCad?  LeoCAD?

Cheers,
- jsproat

I think the mistake a lot of us make
  is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend.