 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2965 (-10)
  Re: L3P Warnings

(...) But does such an export include the POV-enhanced parts in proper matrix alignment, or does the user have to figure out how to orient the part to match the output file? If the latter, then it's equivalent to not supporting the POV-Ray elements (...) (14 years ago, 1-Jul-10, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3P Warnings

--snip-- (...) LGEO was updated fairly recently (in the last two years anyway) so it's definitely being updated sometimes. The newer LDView releases also make POVray export very easy and you can add parts you've made yourself simply by editing a (...) (14 years ago, 1-Jul-10, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3P Warnings

(...) This hits on the main issue, as far as I'm concerned. There are certain elements that simply can't be rendered well within the constraints of the official, accepted LDraw code language. My interest, of course, is in clone elements. I grant (...) (14 years ago, 1-Jul-10, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: L3P Warnings

(...) I guess there we have the really big problem. We all have our own LDraw universes, and we all use LDraw for so very different purposes, different tools of choise, different approaches, different thinking, different ways to solve problems, (...) (14 years ago, 1-Jul-10, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3P Warnings

(...) I'm not conversant with LGEO or the like; what would the filename format be for these alternate parts? That is, if a 2x4 brick is 3001.dat, what's the equivalent name of the LGEO version? I ask because I like sticking with the DAT suffix, and (...) (14 years ago, 1-Jul-10, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3P Warnings

(...) The decision not to include POV code in LDraw part files was made by the LSC - see (URL) for the rationale. Chris (14 years ago, 30-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3P Warnings

(...) I'm pretty sure the decision to disallow inline POV code in official parts was made prior to the creation of the LSC. On a side note, LDView's POV export functionality supports L3P's inline POV syntax. --Travis (14 years ago, 30-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3P Warnings

In lugnet.cad.ray, Tore Eriksson wrote: <snip> (...) I'm sorry I really don't, the 'if then' construction is pretty much the same only thing is the two versions are in the same file. So perhaps you are hinting on maintainability or mixed single (...) (14 years ago, 29-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3P Warnings

(...) After some tough discussion some years ago, I now agree on that (although so far, I've seen nothing that comes remotely close to L3P+POV-Ray. And I doubt there will be in a foreseeable future). (...) You don't??? Are you serious? I can (...) (14 years ago, 29-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: L3P Warnings

In lugnet.cad.ray, Dave Schuler wrote: <snip> (...) As far I understand it, the main reason the LSC don't want POV code in the parts themselves is because of the 'pollution'. Because another person might want blender code or maybe even something (...) (14 years ago, 29-Jun-10, to lugnet.cad.ray)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact