 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2889
Re: How do I...? 3 questions about POV-Ray.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2008 20:08:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Daniel Collis wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.ray, Timothy Gould wrote:

   If you have LGEO installed in a directory just add “+Ilgeodirectory” (no exclamation marks) to the command line input box in POVRAY and it should find it.

Tim

Where would I find the input box?

If you’re in Windows, do the following:
  • Select Tools->Edit Master POVRAY.INI
  • Add the following to the bottom of the file:
   Library_Path="C:\LDRAW\POV\lgeo"
  • Change the path above to match your LGEO path. Save the file.
  • Back in POVRay for Windows, select Options->Script I/O Restrictions->Allow Read, Restrict Write
That should get it working. Note that the last step makes it so that any POV file you open can read any file on your hard drive. Consequently, it’s probably good not to process files from unknown sources while that’s set. If there’s a way to restrict reads to just the library path directories, I haven’t found it. That (to me) seems to be the most logical default setting.

--Travis