 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2786
2785  |  2787
Subject:
L3P On Strike
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2007 13:01:29 GMT

I have used L3P for years, and suddely it went on strike.

AutoExec.bat still contains:
SET LDRAWDIR=F:\LDraw

And the SET command still outputs:
LDRAWDIR=F:\LDraw

And C:\Windows\ldraw.ini still contains:
BaseDirectory=f:\LDraw

But running the .bat files in F:\LDraw\Apps\L3P\ that worked one week ago just
gives Usage information, and no .pov file.

A typical line from the .bat files can read:
L3P.exe @smp5000.ldr  -cc300,-120,-400  -cla0,-90,10  -ld -l -fg -o -q2

Using L3PAddOn results in a .pov file where the model is found, but without any
parts.

It looks like L3P for some reason is unable to find the LDraw directory, even
though it is correctly declared in both LDRAWDIR and ldraw.ini. How can this
have happened?

(This problem occured at about the same time as Norton AV LiveUpdate no longer
is able to connect to Symantec's server, but I don't know if these problems are
connected to eachother somehow. Probably not.)