 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2664
Re: POV-Ray file problem when rendering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2006 19:00:27 GMT

In lugnet.cad.ray, Jeffrey Jarvis wrote:
   Side note: I only have version 2.1 of LDView. I tried to update it to v3.0, however, the zip file download from the creator’s site downloads corrupted, and the exe installer immediately closes after you open it. I need to update it. That and it’s having some issues right now...

First off, I’m guessing the picture was taken with LDView 2.1, since you don’t have 3.0. Obviously it’s got problems; I have no way of knowing for sure if those problems are present in LDView 3.0, but it does have completely rewritten file parsing and rendering code, so I’d suspect that it won’t produce the same result.

Secondly, the LDView downloads (both zip and exe) work fine for me on multiple computers. Are you using http://ldview.sourceforge.net/ as your URL to the LDView home page?

--Travis