 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2663
Re: POV-Ray file problem when rendering
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2006 18:03:08 GMT

Thanks for the tips and help. I opened the file with LDView last night and the road/sidewalk/stoplights/lampposts(they are all part of one file) file couldn’t be opened. It gave me an error with the line specifying that file. Since I had exported all the sub models, I decided to remake the MPD file, so I deleted the original. When I rendered the new mpd file after creating it using all the sub models, it worked perfectly. I believe my problem was that the mpd file got corrupted because it was originally saved as an ldr file, then later I added sub models and saved it as an mpd. I don’t think MLCAD likes that very much, but it didn’t have any issues loading it.

I would have uploaded the file, however I have a fairly recent copy of the unofficial parts zip file that I extracted into my parts folder and a few other parts, so not every model file would be any-user friendly.

Side note: I only have version 2.1 of LDView. I tried to update it to v3.0, however, the zip file download from the creator’s site downloads corrupted, and the exe installer immediately closes after you open it. I need to update it. That and it’s having some issues right now... Notice anything missing???

If anyone has a link to where I can download a working installer for LDView v3.0 I would greatly appreciate it.

Sometimes I wish that my computer was better, since LGEO parts really slow the rendering process down.... It only took a couple minutes to render the street scene with 8 street lights, 4 stoplight lights, and LGEO parts at 1280x1024 AA 3.0.