 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2288
  Lights on the wall

Hi all, I'm in the process of creating a render of a little scene. There are two walls that I want to put downlights on. I've created spotlights at each point, but for some reason they are not showing up. The walls and floor are created as submodels (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Lights on the wall

(...) I'm no expert in this field, but in POV, the surfaces is higly reflective, so if the angle of the light is too flat, no light will reach the camera at all (it'll just be reflected up and down between floor and celing. My guess is that the (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Lights on the wall

(...) I think you're right. (...) That seemed to help. (...) Tried that and it didn't make a lot of difference. (...) Nup. After a bit more reading of the helpfile and trying different things, the one that made the most difference was adjusting the (...) (20 years ago, 30-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Lights on the wall

Glad it helped, although I'm not quite sure how ;-) (...) Helpfile, fog or diffusion? (...) I guess I have some homework to do, but could you please show or send me the bit of code where you change the brilliance locally (all materials seems to be (...) (20 years ago, 30-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Lights on the wall

(...) Well, it got me out of the rut with it, and trying different things. (...) The fog mainly. (...) I did it piece by piece. Fortunaltey the pov file was created from an mpd model, so the walls were easy to pick out. All I did was add a 'finish' (...) (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Lights on the wall

(...) OK Thanks, I'll remember that (BTW you've forgotten to insert your name as author in MLCad's general settings; a nice thing if you ever want to publish your files...). (...) If you move the model in MLCad and make a new POV-file, you can just (...) (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)