 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 2041
2040  |  2042
Subject:
Any Stinkers here?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 22:41:55 GMT

I'm not calling names...I'm looking for someone who has a Brickshelf
account under the username "Stinky". Can the person who lays claim to that
name please contact me? I have a few questions to ask you about the
radiosity stuff you've done here:

http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=28121

Specifically these renders:
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=289452
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=289453

Or to the raytracing experts out there...what is it about those particular
radiosity settings that make the results so realistic? What is needed to
achieve this? I'm familiar with Pov-ray and familiar with the radiosity
includes that Orion and others posted a while back, but my attempts somehow
never reached that level of realism. Now I'm looking into creating some
animations using PoV-Ray and need the best rad settings I can get my hands
on. I'm willing to write it, but I really have no clue what I should be
editing. Can someone help me out here?

Thanks so much,
~Mike "trying-hard-not-to-sound-like-a-newbie" Thorn