 CAD / Ray-Tracing / 1436
1435  |  1437
Subject:
Weird Logo Issue at L3P Quality Level 3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 22:26:13 GMT

Hey Y'all:

If you render the element 4869.dat with L3PAO quality level 3, as far as I
can see you get the logo reversed.  Other elements render fine. See:

http://www.ozbricks.com/blaktron/misc/badlogo.jpg

That's the aforementioned jet engine insert rendered next to a 2x2 round
brick.  The logo is backwards on the one, fine on the other.  I have the
idea that the logo renders on both sides of the circular plane that one
perceives as the top of the stud -- that might be part of the answer.
Looking at the contents of the 4869.dat got me nowhere, but maybe the more
expert amongst us will more readily spot the flaw in the file -- IF there is
one.

This is the only time I noticed this problem.  Anyway, I blame Lars. =)

I am using L3P v 1.3, L3PAO v 1.19.2, and POV-Ray v 3.1e. If you want the
files in question, try:

http://www.ozbricks.com/blaktron/misc/badlogo.zip

Thanks in advance for help with this.

-- Hop-Frog